This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Best Impulse Buy and your Worst Impulse Buy

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Your Best Impulse Buy and your Worst Impulse Buy

User Info: jammitin

jammitin
4 years ago#31
Best: Fatal Frame
Worst: Headhunter
Waiting for Bioshock Infinite

User Info: Maximilian101

Maximilian101
4 years ago#32
Best: probably between harvest moon back to nature(ps1), timesplitters (ps2), burnout (ps2), sky oddessy (ps2), the punisher (ps2) or Vanquish (ps3).
Worst: Star Wars rebal assault 2 (Ps1). Horrible, horrible 'game'.

User Info: megamatics

megamatics
4 years ago#33
From what I can remember of my large collection these are the games I feel stand out the most as splurges in it.

-Borderlands (Was good but I didn't think it warranted a sequel since there was really no more developments in the gameplay past the point of earning the vehicle to drive around in)

-Assassins Creed 2 (Fun the first time through but then got horribly boring since it really didn't offer much of a challenge)

-The Warriors (Game based on an occult classic but probably one of the best PS2 games out there...Don't get tricked into buying the XBLA game as it is a crappy beatem up)

-Tales of destiny (I didn't think this game was that good but it sparked my interest in the other tales games when I finally played it after it being in my backlog for so long)

- Oddworld Munch's Odyssey (I'd say the best Oddworld game of them all, don't be put off by it's 3d gameplay elements..really fun)

- Dead or Alive 3 (Bought this along with Munch's Odyssey...The boss is super cheap but it's a good game)

-Wild Arms 3 (Bought a long time ago after a field trip from school with the 30 dollars I had saved up for it...The gift shop had seriously underwhelming gifts for a museum...Oh! and fun game that would spark my interest in purchasing the rest of the series of games)

- Syphon FIlter Omega Strain (Ugh...3 dollars down the drain)
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics

User Info: desertman

desertman
4 years ago#34
Best: Sleeping Dogs
Worst: The Polynomial
about:robots
about:mozilla

User Info: WildCard44

WildCard44
4 years ago#35
Best: Armored Core 4 for the ps3. A day later I bought for Answer. Made me buy all of the older games I could find off of psn.

Worst: Kill.Switch for the ps2. I was bored and I saw it for 6 bucks. I can honestly say it was not worth the money.

User Info: 5orrow

5orrow
4 years ago#36
Best: Dragon Quest VIII
Worst: Lollipop Chainsaw
Gandalf: "These are Gundabad Wargs, they'll outrun you."
Radagast: "These are Roscobel rabbits, I'D LIKE TO SEE THEM TRY."

User Info: Mr_GreenX

Mr_GreenX
4 years ago#37
Best: Conker's Bad Fur Day
Worst: Street Fighter X Tekken

User Info: DTM847

DTM847
4 years ago#38
Best: Star Ocean 2. Must have been right around 1999 and I saw it for sale at Blockbuster in a generic case (I never buy games w/o the original case). Now Star Ocean is my second favorite RPG series, eclipsed only recently by Mass Effect.

Worst: LittleBigPlanet. Got it right after I got my PS3. Played for a few hours and just could not find a reason to come back to it.
PSN ID: Danimals847 | Steam ID: Danimals847

User Info: pakathecat

pakathecat
4 years ago#39
Best recent impulse buy was Far Cry 3. I'm not a big FPS fan, but I really love it so far. Can't think of any that were really bad, though most of my impulse buys are when I see something very cheap (FC3 was an exception on that one) so I'm not out too much.

User Info: nintendoguy91

nintendoguy91
4 years ago#40
Worst: CoD MW3..........
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Your Best Impulse Buy and your Worst Impulse Buy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived