This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The most overrated game of all time.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The most overrated game of all time.

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
4 years ago#341
atma6 posted...
I have to say anything from Valve. I hate to revoke my "gamer card", but I hate everything they've put out, and can't understand the fanatical devotion from fans.

When the **** did we get cards for being gamers!?!?

Don't worry about it. I don't get the fanatical devotion people get to anything they get fanatical about. Not even why I like Phantasy Star so much. I pin it on my obsession for both sci-fi and fantasy, like a Peanut Butter Cup is a fusion of peanut butter and chocolate.

User Info: Maninstagnate

Maninstagnate
4 years ago#342
Bioshock the game had great ideas when in development but the deadline and censorship turn it into a dumbed down fps especially compared to it's predeccesor.

User Info: Habefiet

Habefiet
4 years ago#343
atma6 posted...
I have to say anything from Valve. I hate to revoke my "gamer card", but I hate everything they've put out, and can't understand the fanatical devotion from fans.

Hate? Really? I've known tons of people who think Portal is overrated, but I don't think I've ever encountered anyone that hates both Portal games.

Most overrated game ever, huh? Jeepers. Hard to say. Most games considered classics are considered such for a reason imo. I can think of a couple games from this gen that I'd say are overrated, but then a bunch of people would holler at me for being stupid or some nonsense, so it pretty much boils down to it being subjective. Surprise surprise.

User Info: GloryChaos

GloryChaos
4 years ago#344
gucciburrr posted...
Crysis. I remember buying it for PC years ago and having more fun looking at the visuals than playing the game. Awful story, pathetic weapon variety, a sci-fi shooter with absolutely no creative enemies, terrible dialog. Two hours into playtime, the cloak/armor gimmick gets old and you're stuck with a below average FPS that does nothing better than the opposition. People had the audacity to call this the greatest FPS of all-time. Rofl...

To be fair, graphics and visuals is all Crysis ever gets praised for. It's not a game people purchase primarily for its gameplay.
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666

User Info: bwburke94

bwburke94
4 years ago#345
The entire Halo series is overrated.
Unofficial Froakie of the Pokemon X board.
Not to be confused with the webcomic. I've already received enough kicks in the nuts.

User Info: notSFF

notSFF
4 years ago#346
As much as I love Bethesda, I'm going to have to go with Fallout 3. New Vegas was just better in simply every way.
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19

User Info: Norken

Norken
4 years ago#347
Habefiet posted...
atma6 posted...

Hate? Really? I've known tons of people who think Portal is overrated, but I don't think I've ever encountered anyone that hates both Portal games.

Most overrated game ever, huh? Jeepers. Hard to say. Most games considered classics are considered such for a reason imo. I can think of a couple games from this gen that I'd say are overrated, but then a bunch of people would holler at me for being stupid or some nonsense, so it pretty much boils down to it being subjective. Surprise surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The most overrated game of all time.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived