This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 back up.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Geocidal

Geocidal
4 years ago#1
I want to reformat the PS3 hard drive because currently, its not using all the space on it. 10GB isn't being used because its in a separate partition left over from an old Linux installation that can no longer be used (thanks Sony). I need to back up the PS3 so I don't have to download my PSN games again and so I don't loose my PlayTV recordings (which can't be copied onto another drive because they're more than 4GB each). I have a portable hard drive that's already formatted in FAT32 but it has a lot of other stuff on it.

My question is, if I back up the PS3 to a portable hard drive that already has stuff on it, will it just back up into a directory or will it reformat the portable drive and clone the PS3 hard drive onto the whole portable hard drive?

Geocidal
4 years ago#2
Bump.

User Info: Eoin

Eoin
4 years ago#3
It will just back up everything. Everything that is currently on the external drive will stay on the external drive.

Geocidal
4 years ago#4
Thanks.

User Info: AwayFromHere

AwayFromHere
4 years ago#5
Provided of course, the remaining space on the external is sufficient enough.
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived