This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is having too large of a backlong mean you having a game buying addiction?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is having too large of a backlong mean you having a game buying addiction?

User Info: HaloODSTD

HaloODSTD
4 years ago#1
I really don't get how people can have such a large backlog. I buy a game, play it, beat it, and move on. If I get bored of it, I play a different game and come back. Never had I had +20 per console, maybe around 12-16 for each, all beaten or played to their full extent.
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student

User Info: djruden

djruden
4 years ago#2
Agreed. I buy a game and I usually play that game mostly until it's completed. There's a few exceptions where I end up disliking the game or maybe I don't have time to play for a while and I lose track where I am and quit playing the game. Tho sometimes I do pick those games back up in the future. Mostly I finish games before allowing myself to purchase another tho. Seems wasteful to buy and buy but not play them.

User Info: Duce

Duce
4 years ago#3
Collectors people like buying game boxes just to stare at them.

HaloODSTD
4 years ago#4
Duce posted...
Collectors people like buying game boxes just to stare at them.

I see it more as girls that have a shoe buying problem. They don't need the shoes, they think they do and and to buy it, but in the end, they never wear them.

User Info: nihilist212

nihilist212
4 years ago#5
I get a game, play it as much as my interest will hold me, and then I trade the game in. I've had a big backlog before, but only when there's lots of games I want to play and I don't have a lot of gaming time.
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero

User Info: SuperShadowAce

SuperShadowAce
4 years ago#6
No, I have a backlog because I got more then one game during the holidays.
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.

User Info: third_eye_zero0

third_eye_zero0
4 years ago#7
It can be a collector's addiction or a buying/on sale purchasing addiction. It sucks.

User Info: kg_twolves21

kg_twolves21
4 years ago#8
Sometimes you find deals you can't pass up despite knowing you wont get to play those games anytime soon (like I got GOW Saga on Black Friday for $15Jak and Daxter for $10, few days later found MGS Collection for 11 bucks, could not pass that up).

And then it comes down to working a job, going to school full time and working an internship taking away most of the time I'd have to game and clear up that backlog.....man i can't wait for summer.

HaloODSTD
4 years ago#9
kg_twolves21 posted...
Sometimes you find deals you can't pass up despite knowing you wont get to play those games anytime soon (like I got GOW Saga on Black Friday for $15Jak and Daxter for $10, few days later found MGS Collection for 11 bucks, could not pass that up).

like I said, a girl with a shoe buying problem.

User Info: DeviousLight

DeviousLight
4 years ago#10
Steam backlog...... =(
Gamefaqs. Where Frequently Asked Questions are forbidden.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is having too large of a backlong mean you having a game buying addiction?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived