This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Devil May Cry really surprised me

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Devil May Cry really surprised me

User Info: ramseanGoodbye

ramseanGoodbye
4 years ago#1
I really liked Enslaved, the first Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 3 so I didn't have any real negative bias going in.

As much as I loved Enslaved, the combat wasn't quite up to Devil May Cry standards, so I was kinda expecting the story to be the strong point and the gameplay while not bad to be less than amazing. As it turns out I found the opposite is true.

The combat was really good, flowed really well, switching between 4 move-sets mid combo is really great and the enemy variety really forces you to vary your attacks. The story on the other hand kinda felt like a retread, I was really hoping they'd switch it up, but it kinda felt like same old Dante spouting cheesy one liners with added expletives. That may not be a bad thing for some people, but I was just expecting a little more in a post Travis Touchdown Era. All that said i'll definitely pick up the DLC because I haven't had this much fun just playing a game in a long time.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Devil May Cry really surprised me

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived