This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Create Your Own Console Game???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Create Your Own Console Game???

User Info: ill-thoughts

ill-thoughts
4 years ago#1
i was looking at some cryengine3 stuff and it just got me to thinking, when will Consoles get something that lets us create our own game?? i dont want to have to pay $5000 for an uber powered pc just to see that happen. i want to Create levels and missions, build structures, place items, etc...and then share that gaming level with the online community. i think next gen should definitely offer us an engine package on disc for maybe $200, id definitely pay to be able to create some of these levels these guys have in these videos.

http://youtu.be/8eZsr2GdurI

http://youtu.be/yHJMJ_GcBLc
True Crime New York City for the Original Xbox is PHENOMENAL.

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
4 years ago#2
LBP or minecraft... basically any games with lite mod support
if you want to make something amazing, you'll need to have a pc...

i dont think console games will ever allow gamers to tweak the codes
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

User Info: PoorCountry

PoorCountry
4 years ago#3
You don't actually need a super duper computer to create games. If you want to model and create environments and stuff, get Blender. It's free. But if you want to texture your assets and make a full game with them, you'll need to spend money on software like Photoshop, Mudbox, Zbrush, and a game engine.

ill-thoughts
4 years ago#4
PoorCountry posted...
You don't actually need a super duper computer to create games. If you want to model and create environments and stuff, get Blender. It's free. But if you want to texture your assets and make a full game with them, you'll need to spend money on software like Photoshop, Mudbox, Zbrush, and a game engine.

i definitely want to jump into making my own games, todays games are just unoriginal and SUCK and dont entertain me anymore. Blender looks good, when i get a new pc, ill try it out, thanks.

User Info: cycledance

cycledance
4 years ago#5
i hate cryengine...never seen a good looking game with that engine.

User Info: QwelzaarKane

QwelzaarKane
4 years ago#6
You can also try out Valve Hammer Editor. I tried out the GoldSrc version and it's pretty easy to get the hang of simple map creation.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of it: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8b/Valve_hammer_editor.jpg
Herp derp a doo wop, a wop bam boo!

ill-thoughts
4 years ago#7
cycledance posted...
i hate cryengine...never seen a good looking game with that engine.

cryengine3???? those vids i posted look Amazing, id love to use that engine.

User Info: awesomesauce13

awesomesauce13
4 years ago#8
You're making it sound like you could make a decent game in a few days, or hours even, like you can do with a level editor in games like LBP. To actually make a game from scratch (even with some sort of "game editor") takes a lot of skill/knowledge and time

ill-thoughts
4 years ago#9
awesomesauce13 posted...
To actually make a game from scratch takes a lot of skill/knowledge and time

we know, guy....we know.

User Info: CallOfGoaty

CallOfGoaty
4 years ago#10
You should try some learning programing language first. If you're really interested in it and have the time.

I was really into mods and stuff before. But things got busy lately and doesn't have any time for it now.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Create Your Own Console Game???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived