This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation Plus Bought from Amazon question. Please help.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Playstation Plus Bought from Amazon question. Please help.

User Info: TyrantLowKey

TyrantLowKey
4 years ago#1
So if I buy a 12 month Card from Amazon, does it still ask you to put your credit card info to unlock the 12 month ps+? Reason I ask is because i always put money through cards so my CC info isn't on there but I don't wanna spend $50 thinking I wouldn't need to when i will have to put the info in. Thanks.
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)

User Info: mikechips911

mikechips911
4 years ago#2
Yes u will need a credit card to activate PS+
PSN ID = I-Fling-Poo-At-U

TyrantLowKey
4 years ago#3
^Damn. Alright.
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
4 years ago#4
I'm not sure that's true. I'd just put the code in.
The best way to do this would have been to buy psn cards and then buy the psn+ with that through psn and get the 3 extra months they are currently offering for buying psn+ on psn.

TyrantLowKey
4 years ago#5
^Ok I can do that also. I have 38 bucks on my account. Just buy 20 and I should be good to go. I haven't bought the card yet so that's why I asked. Thanks for the input.

User Info: mikechips911

mikechips911
4 years ago#6
either way u buy it to fully activate it they will ask you for credit card info.
PSN ID = I-Fling-Poo-At-U

User Info: badnewsliar

badnewsliar
4 years ago#7
you don't need any credit card info if you buy the ps+ from amazon. they send you the code, you enter the code on psn and they add the funds to your account. I do it with best buy and amazon all the time. it also works if you just buy a $50 playstation card and buy the plus subscription from inside the ps store.
http://gifsoup.com/view4/1086479/alex-wright-dancing-o.gif

User Info: blackwaltz3

blackwaltz3
4 years ago#8
I just buy $50 credit from amazon and then buy Plus with that. I don't want my CC associated with my PSN account after they got hacked
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds

TyrantLowKey
4 years ago#9
^Is it easy to take your CC information off after you put it on the PSN for PS+? Like an option in account management to get rid of CC information?

User Info: godslayer61

godslayer61
4 years ago#10
i just used a pre paid visa from shopers drug mart and that works fine just go to the visa site and attach your postal code or zip code and your done
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Playstation Plus Bought from Amazon question. Please help.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived