This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ever taken time off work/school/other obligation to play?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ever taken time off work/school/other obligation to play?

User Info: Kenaue

Kenaue
4 years ago#31
I was "sick" when SW Battlefront 2 came out....completely worth it.
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!

User Info: dreamsicle

dreamsicle
4 years ago#32
I worked in a drug store at the time Gamecube came out. I switched my Sunday morning shift with someone so I could go get one at launch. That's the only time.
Basic reading skills are required to fully enjoy this signature.

User Info: Behaviorism

Behaviorism
4 years ago#33
Winternova posted...
Behaviorism posted...
Winternova posted...
Behaviorism posted...
Winternova posted...
I did that back in college (1989-1990 or so), but not anytime recently.

I'm 30 and I thought I was the oldest here. How old are you?

41. :-)

Cool. How often do you get gaming in with other obligations? And Blues > Red Wings, despite that last game

Quite often. My wife works 3rd shift, so gaming keeps me out of trouble on her work nights. Right now I'm recuperating from a surgery, so I'm playing a lot of games to distract myself from the pain.

Cool beans. I work 3d shift myself s I'm usually too tired to play most of the time. I always end up playing on my 2nd day off
I'm not changing this sig until the St. Louis Blues win the Stanley Cup. Started: 1/7/13
CM Punk: Best in the world!!!

User Info: RobotPirteGhost

RobotPirteGhost
4 years ago#34
I took my weeks paid vacation the week Super Smash Bros Brawl was coming out. Then after my request was locked in, the game got delayed.

I requested off the day Dead Rising 2 came out.
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)

User Info: bigtiggie23

bigtiggie23
4 years ago#35
I used a weeks paid vacation when both GTA4 and FFXIII came out to sit home and play .
Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta.

User Info: Chewy247

Chewy247
4 years ago#36
I usually take a paid vacation when a game comes out I want, I haven't skipped in a while for games. However, I was late to lecture recently because I lost track of time playing LoL.
#TimesUpPunk

User Info: rahmed51387

rahmed51387
4 years ago#37
I used to take days off, but lately it's gotten around to asking for second or later shifts. I like that feeling of having the game the first possible moment and getting a decent amount of time sunk in before working. But I still get the same hours.
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
4 years ago#38
A few times:

I took a day or two off work to play ME2 when it came out. Took a week off to play ME3. Other than that, it's been extremely rare.

User Info: Evel138

Evel138
4 years ago#39
I get 4 weeks of vacation a year, so even after spending most of it on family trips, I usually still spend a week or so for the purpose of playing new releases that have me hyped.
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
4 years ago#40
Never just to play games, but it has played a deciding factor when other more important reasons are present.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ever taken time off work/school/other obligation to play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived