This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have an Xbox360, should I buy a PS3 basically for the exclusives?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I have an Xbox360, should I buy a PS3 basically for the exclusives?

User Info: lesarch

lesarch
4 years ago#1
Topic.

I'm really interested to play PS3 exclusives like Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Ico/SOTC, MGS4. Is it worth it? Also, I've heard about PS3 errors like yellow-dot (I think? Same as RROD for 360). How rare is that error?

Thanks!
God made mankind. But everything else is made in China.

User Info: godslayer61

godslayer61
4 years ago#2
lesarch posted...
Topic.

I'm really interested to play PS3 exclusives like Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Ico/SOTC, MGS4. Is it worth it? Also, I've heard about PS3 errors like yellow-dot (I think? Same as RROD for 360). How rare is that error?

Thanks!

ya i own every system and i would say if u can afford it then yes theres to many good games out there that you cant get on the 360,thats why i got a wii u just for the mario and zelda games o and animal crossing.360 for the halos and any games from mistwalker.witcher 3
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718

User Info: Junpei_Stupei

Junpei_Stupei
4 years ago#3
No, it's not worth it.

I've also had the YLOD. There's a good chance it might happen to you too, so don't buy it.

I think I bought the wrong console this gen.

lesarch
4 years ago#4
Well, I'm not that rich. Just an average earner. I'll wait for more posts from others. Thanks a bunch, guys!

User Info: LuminescentRule

LuminescentRule
4 years ago#5
Well, I'm not that rich. Just an average earner. I'll wait for more posts from others. Thanks a bunch, guys!

Don't listen to Junpei_Stupei - he's a known troll on this board.

Yellow Light of Death hasn't been a problem since the first Slim model. As for exclusives, well, I think I have about 50 exclusives for the PS3 with a lot of them being such as :

Uncharted 1, 2, 3
GoW 3
Heavy Rain
MGS4
Journey
SotC/Ico
InFamous 1,2, FoB
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Killzone 2, 3
LBP 1, 2
Sly 1, 2, 3
Jak 1, 2, 3
Resistance 2, 3
Demon's Souls
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
http://i.minus.com/ibysvI4MthYwm9.gif

User Info: Jon_God

Jon_God
4 years ago#6
Yes, I would say so. As an owner of all 3 systems this gen, I'd say for solely the exclusives the PS3 is the winner.
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/

User Info: Xenobow

Xenobow
4 years ago#7
No, don't even think of this idea again.
Having 360 or PS3 is more than enough. Enjoy your 360.

User Info: tack129

tack129
4 years ago#8
Junpei_Stupei posted...
No, it's not worth it.

I've also had the YLOD. There's a good chance it might happen to you too, so don't buy it.

This guy is to be ignored.

On-topic. I don't see why not, the exclusives themselves are very decent and far more than the xbox brand.
PSN: tack129

User Info: Xenobow

Xenobow
4 years ago#9
It's good idea to borrow a PS3 from a friend and play those games and return it back, a close friend probably :)

lesarch
4 years ago#10
Sadly my friends are not gamers so I can't borrow a PS3 :(

That list made me think of buying a PS3 but something at the back of my head keeps telling me it's a waste of money. Still, my inner child says "I want to play those exclusives". :(
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I have an Xbox360, should I buy a PS3 basically for the exclusives?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived