This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's the Jak and daxter HD Collection?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How's the Jak and daxter HD Collection?

User Info: Rebellian

Rebellian
4 years ago#11
It's me again and I got another somewhat on topic question; How Is the Ratchet and Clank HD Collection? I've been kind of Interested In getting Into the R&C games for awhile and I figured the HD Collection would be the best way to start. I literally dont know jack about the R&C games aside from hearing they're action/platformers like Jak & Daxter and that they got some pretty nutty weaponry.

Also I hate to turn this Into one of "those" threads, but If I could only get one collection for the time being, should I get Jak & Daxter or Ratchet & Clank?

On one hand R&C Is completely new to me and I have no Idea what to expect from It. On the other hand I hadnt played a J&D game In so long (I think since 06 or 07) that playing through the J&D collection would still feel fresh and new to me, even more so with It being In HD.
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4685 - 6273 -6874
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvhuszfLpT1qauec3o1_250.gif

User Info: fadeca

fadeca
4 years ago#12
Ratchet & Clank collection is by far the best looking ps2 ports i've played, sometimes you forget your playing a last gen game, the gameplay is gun heavy (expect the first game, it has less emphasis on the gun play), you can just sit back, and just blow s*** up, its incredibly fun. The story and humor is also great. I think the games are better than Jak & Daxter, so i would recommend it.

User Info: ateball

ateball
4 years ago#13
J&D series was one of my favorites from the PS2 gen and I absolutely adore Jak 2 and 3. Get them asap.

R&C was also another long time favorite and you can't go wrong there either.

Truthfully, I'm a little biased towards the Jak series because I loved it so much but I have almost equal feelings for Ratchet as well, so just flip a coin and let that be how you decide.
Now Playing: AC3, NBA2K13, WWE 13
PSN: 96VTECGSR XBL: KrimZon281

Rebellian
4 years ago#14
Well I flipped a coin as suggested and It says to get Ratchet and Clank, so I guess that's what I'm getting.

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
4 years ago#15
I had been wondering about this too. I only played a bit of the first game but from what i remember i liked it. Do you think i would like Jak 2 and 3 if i liked Jak 1.

I also played Daxter and ended up liking that one too, but not sure if that is anything like the others.

User Info: GazelMinistry

GazelMinistry
4 years ago#16
Rebellian posted...
Well I flipped a coin as suggested and It says to get Ratchet and Clank, so I guess that's what I'm getting.

I hadn't played the games until getting the Collection, and I think the Ratchet and Clank games are fantastic. I highly recommend it.

I have the Jak and Daxter Collection as well, but have not yet played it.
I am a nontheist, a nihilist. And I'm sure god loves me anyway.

Rebellian
4 years ago#17
Merc123 posted...
I had been wondering about this too. I only played a bit of the first game but from what i remember i liked it. Do you think i would like Jak 2 and 3 if i liked Jak 1.

I also played Daxter and ended up liking that one too, but not sure if that is anything like the others.

Jak 2 and 3 are different from Jak 1. Jak 1 Is one of those "collect-a-thon" games like Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie, while Jak 2 and 3 are open world sandbox games with missions like Grand Theft Auto and their combat Is mostly centered around gun play although they still got platforming as a key gameplay element. I'd say If you played and liked Jak 1 and also like open world games, then you might like Jak 2 and 3.

I cant vouch for Daxter though, I never owned a PSP .

User Info: ateball

ateball
4 years ago#18
Merc123 posted...

J&D is a different kind of monster compared to its sequels. Where as 2 and 3 are more mission based action adventure games mixed with a great deal of platforming, the original is mainly a pure platformer similar to games like Super Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, DK64, etc.

Its a great game but I don't care for it as much as the sequels which I consider 2 of the best games of all time.

Daxter was a lot of fun too, definitely a must play. Its pretty much a hybrid of Jak 1 and the sequels since it involves a ton of platforming but also has weapon based gameplay
Now Playing: AC3, NBA2K13, WWE 13
PSN: 96VTECGSR XBL: KrimZon281

User Info: SaQu1B

SaQu1B
4 years ago#19
Jak 1 is the worst game in the series. It is literally a collecting items game.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How's the Jak and daxter HD Collection?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived