This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can SONY ban you for playing a game online early..?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Can SONY ban you for playing a game online early..?

User Info: PangLa

PangLa
4 years ago#11
This ain't Microsoft. They can boot you out/temp ban you because they have to do online testing but not perm ban like Microsoft.

User Info: CammyApple

CammyApple
4 years ago#12
PangLa posted...
This ain't Microsoft. They can boot you out/temp ban you because they have to do online testing but not perm ban like Microsoft.

They absolutely can ban you.
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

User Info: superbuu3

superbuu3
4 years ago#13
no you can't. I review games and get promo copies of games. I've played online and I never informed sony I was a reviewer. So no.
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).

User Info: CammyApple

CammyApple
4 years ago#14
superbuu3 posted...
no you can't. I review games and get promo copies of games. I've played online and I never informed sony I was a reviewer. So no.

Again, and I don't know why so few get this, you can be banned however you won't unless you are playing a pirated game.
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

User Info: KDogg1800

KDogg1800
4 years ago#15
I had Killzone 2 a week and a half before release date and I was never banned. I had GTA4 a week before it released and I wasn't banned. There are plenty others I've had early as well and nothing happened.

Do SONY/Developer have the abilty to ban you? Yes. Will they actually ban you for playing early? Nope.
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png

User Info: ded5833

ded5833
4 years ago#16
CammyApple posted...
superbuu3 posted...

Again, and I don't know why so few get this, you can be banned however you won't unless you are playing a pirated game.

This, people who post that 'I got banned for playing a game online early' are the people pirating it or got banned for a different offense. I've played many games before release (like Black Ops, Halo 3 and Reach, GTAIV and a couple others), and I never got banned on either the Xbox or PS3.
These counting things are stupid.
People that agree: 22

User Info: kingstag

kingstag
4 years ago#17
I think the developers of Dark Souls handled this perfectly:

Let people break the street date but populate the world with incredibly powerful black phantoms to tear them all a new *******.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Can SONY ban you for playing a game online early..?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived