This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ubisoft kicked Connor from Assassin's Creed mighty quick, why?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ubisoft kicked Connor from Assassin's Creed mighty quick, why?

User Info: bigdeez

bigdeez
4 years ago#1
Ezio had 3 games. Connor only gets 1? I thought ACIII was really good and they could have had more adventures with Connor, but sadly they are moving on this year.
My top 5 games this gen
RDR - Dead Space 3 - MGS 4 - Fallout 3 - Bioshock

User Info: theatrical_cat

theatrical_cat
4 years ago#2
Connor was pretty unpopular.

But is he gone for sure? I mean, Desmond is for sure, being dead and all. But they seemed to imply in the Epilogue missions that Connor would have more stuff to do in later games.
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
4 years ago#3
Well they just said that a new setting would be coming in 2014, no?

I wonder if they could be leaving Connor on "current gen" and simultaneously launching the next time-line on "next gen."
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: DarknessXSeeker

DarknessXSeeker
4 years ago#4
I don't think this means Conner is gone now, for all we know the ACIII team may be making a sequel to ACIII, which I really hope they do.
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."

User Info: muggy

muggy
4 years ago#5
I felt the same way about Jade Raymond.

User Info: bigdeez

bigdeez
4 years ago#6
I mean Connor was not as well round as Ezio in the personality department, but they could have built up to it.
My top 5 games this gen
RDR - Dead Space 3 - MGS 4 - Fallout 3 - Bioshock

User Info: iTossSalads

iTossSalads
4 years ago#7
I'm fine with it. I didn't think Ezio deserved 3 games either. I never really cared for him much. I really don't think every AC game needs to have two or three sequels every time a new protagonist is introduced. Make one then move on to a different time period and new protagonist to keep things from getting stale.

User Info: FiendingHard

FiendingHard
4 years ago#8
Connor was a whining kid for 80% of the game. The native side of his character was very nice but it was overshadowed by angsty teen rage for most of the game. I still liked him by the end though
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Doom 3 BFG, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.

User Info: zyrax2301

zyrax2301
4 years ago#9
This is how it was supposed to be. Ezio's story dragged on way too long.

Bring on a new age/assassin and stop recycling stuff I say.
Why? Because **** you is why.

User Info: PHOENIXZERO

PHOENIXZERO
4 years ago#10
ACIII was rushed (which is pretty clear to everyone I think) to get it out before December 21st and because the primary purpose of ACIII was to "finish" that story... Which they did a crappy job with doing. ACIV is probably going to be a soft reboot...

Either way, Ubisoft can go **** themselves.
Search engines are awesome, you can find the answer to the question that's been asked a hundred times before in a manner of seconds, more people should try it.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ubisoft kicked Connor from Assassin's Creed mighty quick, why?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived