This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For people who dont trade in their games, Why do you not trade them in?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. For people who dont trade in their games, Why do you not trade them in?

User Info: vr6exyvr6exy

vr6exyvr6exy
4 years ago#1
topic

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
4 years ago#2
I don't think it would be worth the money/credit, I may get the sudden urge to go back to them, a friend may come over and want to play them or I may loan it out to a friend.
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.

User Info: Chocobo115

Chocobo115
4 years ago#3
I'm a collector.
Actually plan to buy a SNES and a Saturn with some classics as soon as I finish my studies and get myself a job.

User Info: DUH_D_DUMB

DUH_D_DUMB
4 years ago#4
I used to trade in my games all the time. Now I don't...main reason being I may want to go and play the game years from now. I traded in soooo many classics that I still regret doing to this day, but I was young and didn't know the value of what I had. Never again.
PSN: demedcj
Game Center: duh_d_dum

User Info: Azure_lKite

Azure_lKite
4 years ago#5
1 - Because I just might want to go back to them in the future. I know this happens.
2 - I actually like to collect games and look at my full shelf, hence why I never sold a single game up until now, even the ones I didn't like that much.
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
4 years ago#6
Because I like to routinely replay my games.
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.

User Info: kingofall214

kingofall214
4 years ago#7
DUH_D_DUMB posted...
I used to trade in my games all the time. Now I don't...main reason being I may want to go and play the game years from now. I traded in soooo many classics that I still regret doing to this day, but I was young and didn't know the value of what I had. Never again.

^this. I learned this a little more recently. I sold so many ps3 games that I wish I had not and now I am just keeping them. No more gamestop trade ins for me.
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214

User Info: Thermador446

Thermador446
4 years ago#8
return/investment ratio would make me feel f***ing stupid for throwing money away
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"

User Info: Evel138

Evel138
4 years ago#9
For reasons already listed above.

1. I see my small library of games no differently than the small library of books, movies and records I own. A variety of entertainment options I may or may not ever come back to, but remains an available option.

2. Trade in values are laughable when really think about it. I mean, I'm all for capitalism, so if they have costumers willing to sell them a game at a fraction of its value, then turn around and sell it back to the consumer at double, triple, quadruple profit....more power to them. In the capitalist game though, I try to be the one on the profiting end as much as possible.

3. I wouldn't need the trade-in value to help fund new purchases anyway.
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
4 years ago#10
Hideo Kojima said that if I sell MGS4 he will eat me.
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. For people who dont trade in their games, Why do you not trade them in?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived