This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do games that come from Japan not have dual audio in the US/EU version?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why do games that come from Japan not have dual audio in the US/EU version?

User Info: mgs4fan540

mgs4fan540
4 years ago#1
Or....It can come from anywhere, but thats not my point.

Like why don't the MGS, Final Fantasy, and Tales games in America have a japanese voice option? I mean I'm not trying to be a WEABOOOOOO or anything I was just wondering why they can't put the voices in.

I mean RE6 had like German and spanish dubs(even thought the spanish dub was crap). FE:Awakening had JP and US dubs. I think Vanquish had em too. And in japan, the God of War games have both the American and Japanese dubs in them.
JRPG >>>>WPRG

User Info: archizzy

archizzy
4 years ago#2
Some do. Probably for the ones that don't it could boil down to money, licensing, or a combo of that and more.
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
4 years ago#3
Because nanomachines.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: Sand_Flare

Sand_Flare
4 years ago#4
Because it costs more money and is a non-essential feature.
http://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/022/401/85/N000/000/000/131012177682913204274.gif

User Info: mgs4fan540

mgs4fan540
4 years ago#5
bump
JRPG >>>>WPRG

User Info: CyborgTwenty

CyborgTwenty
4 years ago#6
they don't fit on 360s dvds.

User Info: kupo1705

kupo1705
4 years ago#7
They'd have to include 2 versions of each cutscene.

User Info: Pereb27

Pereb27
4 years ago#8
The Asian, English/Chinese versions of FFXIII and FFXIII-2 have Japanese voices and English dub.

But yeah, it's most likely they don't want to fork out the money for it.

User Info: True_FoeHammer

True_FoeHammer
4 years ago#9
Audio takes up A LOT of disc space, way more than anything else. I know that MGS4 is a bit of an outlier, but with only English audio it took up the full 50 gigs on the blu-ray disc.

User Info: ThePatrick

ThePatrick
4 years ago#10
Because there really are a lot of people in the West who just seriously get turned off by Japanese language.

Seriously, I mean...they should include dual audio all the time in my opinion, but a lot of folk are like "Pfft, only weeaboo losers would ever want J-moonman-idiot babbling crap, get that out of my country!"

It's weird and sounds silly, but it's true. I guess a lot of publishers just don't want to risk marketing only to the whole like "That's my friend, Jenny-chan!! Jenny-chan kawaii!!11" ding-dongs and losing the rest of their Western audience.
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why do games that come from Japan not have dual audio in the US/EU version?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived