This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy IX Vs. Legend of Dragoon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Final Fantasy IX Vs. Legend of Dragoon

User Info: theatrical_cat

theatrical_cat
4 years ago#1
Final Fantasy IX Vs. Legend of Dragoon; Which Is Better? - Results (402 votes)
Final Fantasy IX is better.
36.57% (147 votes)
Legend of Dragoon is better.
50.5% (203 votes)
Both games are equally awesome.
9.95% (40 votes)
Both games are equally awful.
1.99% (8 votes)
Never played either.
1% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
These games specifically because the two came out around the same time (about 8 months difference between Japan releases, 5 months difference between US releases) and are aimed at the same type of gamers.

Got both off PSN recently and have played a reasonable amount of each. And I have to say, FFIX blows LoD out of the water. Better graphics, better music, better story, better characters, better gameplay, better pretty much everything.

I'm frankly astounded that I actually like a FF game (I've played both VII and XII before and both were pretty terrible to me), but IX is just such a solid game. See? I don't hate all JRPGs! Just the bad ones.

BTW: Thanks to those who suggested I play FFIX when I asked which FF game to play a while back. You guys know what's up.
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
4 years ago#2
Final Fantasy IX.

This isn't even a contest.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: Vorzal

Vorzal
4 years ago#3
Legend of Dragoon.

"Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

theofficefan99
4 years ago#4
Vorzal posted...
Legend of Dragoon.

Tell that to Legend of Dragoon's 74% average in comparison to Final Fantasy IX's 94% average.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: nekrothing

nekrothing
4 years ago#5
Legend of Dragoon was a good game, but the translation was terrible. It felt like the person that translated the game only spoke Japanese as a second language and English as a third, and they did it in their spare time, for free.

If Legend of Dragoon ever got remade, I'd love to see a re-translation from somebody more competent. Kind of like DS Chrono Trigger.

User Info: theatrical_cat

theatrical_cat
4 years ago#6
nekrothing posted...
Legend of Dragoon was a good game, but the translation was terrible. It felt like the person that translated the game only spoke Japanese as a second language and English as a third, and they did it in their spare time, for free.

If Legend of Dragoon ever got remade, I'd love to see a re-translation from somebody more competent. Kind of like DS Chrono Trigger.

I'd consider a lot more wrong with LoD than just the translation. But if there ever were a remake that polished a lot of the rougher aspects of the game, I'd be pretty interested. It's got a lot of potential, it just feels squandered.
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

User Info: Irony

Irony
4 years ago#7
LoD was a poor man's FF, FFIX is one of the best.
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg

theofficefan99
4 years ago#8
nekrothing posted...

It just feels like a knock-off Final Fantasy that isn't as good as any of them.

theofficefan99
4 years ago#9
mogar002 posted...
LoD was a poor man's FF, FFIX is one of the best.

This

User Info: Daggeraxe

Daggeraxe
4 years ago#10
I love RPG music, but Legend of Dragoon is the only RPG I've played where I really dislike the music. Still a good game though.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Final Fantasy IX Vs. Legend of Dragoon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived