This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is there any difference in getting a trophy online vs offline?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. is there any difference in getting a trophy online vs offline?

User Info: PrettyBoyMarth

PrettyBoyMarth
4 years ago#1
like on 360 if you get an achievement offline you wont get a time stamp for that achievement.
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 469

User Info: PrettyBoyMarth

PrettyBoyMarth
4 years ago#2
bump
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 469

User Info: PJB-11

PJB-11
4 years ago#3
No difference. If you choose to sync your trophies to your PSN profile, you have to be online, but you can still collect trophies just the same offline.
Now Playing: Skyrim, ZOE HD, LittleBigPlanet 2, Okami, Fallout New Vegas.
Twitter @pjbenney

User Info: Enjate

Enjate
4 years ago#4
I really hate that about 360...a serious oversight. There's a system clock for a reason, isn't there?

User Info: robertadeath

robertadeath
4 years ago#5
Actually, you don't get the time stamp. There was a week where I didn't have online and earned some trophies during that downtime.. The time stamp doesn't show up.

User Info: zyrax2301

zyrax2301
4 years ago#6
Enjate posted...
I really hate that about 360...a serious oversight. There's a system clock for a reason, isn't there?

Maybe they didn't want people earning achievements in 2099? I don't even know if the PS3 works that way but I could see it being a problem if people had their clock set in the future.
Why? Because **** you is why.

User Info: kel25

kel25
4 years ago#7
robertadeath posted...
Actually, you don't get the time stamp. There was a week where I didn't have online and earned some trophies during that downtime.. The time stamp doesn't show up.

You always get a time stamp with the PS3. One of my friends had no internet for a few years and would bring his PS3 over to my place to update his trophy list. Every game would have a time stamp.

User Info: PringerX

PringerX
4 years ago#8
The only way you won't get a timestamp is if you earn trophies and then create your PSN ID/add an internet connection. Once you have that all established, you can play offline and still get timestamps.
http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/GameOverComesAll
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/GameOverComesAll
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. is there any difference in getting a trophy online vs offline?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived