This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do the slim models have a lower chance of the hard drives getting corrupted?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do the slim models have a lower chance of the hard drives getting corrupted?

User Info: KrKABUT0

KrKABUT0
4 years ago#1
My fat 40GB PS3 had its hard drive corrupted after a few years of owning it so I had to get rid of it. However, all of my friends who own the slim model are fine. I really want to buy a new PS3 but if there's a chance it'll end up like my last one I'm not paying $250 for a new one.
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.

User Info: Nth

Nth
4 years ago#2
Like any computer all hard drives eventually fragment or corrupt through regular usage. Simply use the rebuild and restore functions of the PS3 once in a while to maintain your hard drive.
"Creationism isn't science. It's mythology and fan fiction.
Really really bad fan fiction." - Raharu

User Info: TGAkuma

TGAkuma
4 years ago#3
My friend knew someone that thought his ps3 was broken. Wouldnt show anything on screen but would turn on. He ended up giving it to my friend I found out it had a corrupted hard drive. Googled it up and it was a simple fix. Something like holding down the power button for 5 seconds 3 times till you hear 2 beeps. It lets you restore you ps3 hard drive. Doesnt delete anything. Ps3 was working perfect. Looks to me like you got rid of perfectly good ps3.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do the slim models have a lower chance of the hard drives getting corrupted?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived