This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon Age 2 worth $20?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Dragon Age 2 worth $20?

User Info: bigtiggie23

bigtiggie23
4 years ago#1
I have just over $20 on PSN and was looking for a new PS3 full game to play, preferably an RPG. DA2 is the only one I have given a second look to. I played DAO about halfway through but thought the story was decent but the action was a bit slow. I heard 2 is faster in that regard, more action-like.
Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta.

User Info: xChaosLordx

xChaosLordx
4 years ago#2
Its not worth $20. Seriously, the game is a rushed POS, I wouldn't pay $10 for it.

Don't reward companies who rush games out just to maximize profits or you are contributing to the problem that is modern gaming suckage.

User Info: Auron27

Auron27
4 years ago#3
I paid $10 for it and think it was basically worth that. However, it is vastly inferior to the original in just about every way. I gave it a chance, but it deserves most of the criticism it gets. I wouldn't pay $20 for it though.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."-Socrates

User Info: xChaosLordx

xChaosLordx
4 years ago#4
If you played DAO, then you played a far superior game. There is absolutely not a single thing about DA2 that is better. The itemization is worse, the immersion is worse, the classes are worse, and the characters are worse. Think of it as a completely dumbed down, casualized DAO, that reuses the same generic maps over, and over, and over again.

User Info: bigtiggie23

bigtiggie23
4 years ago#5
Sounds like I'll look in another direction then. Thanks for the quick input. Maybe I'll get the last 2 FO3 add-ons I don't have yet.
Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta.

User Info: MrUntouchable18

MrUntouchable18
4 years ago#6
Fallout 3 is amazing I say get the add-on's. DA2 was one of my biggest disappointments can't only thing I like was that the combat was faster other than that it got dull quick I got to the end and that was it never picked it up again.
Madness is like gravity all it takes is a little push.
-Heath Ledger (Joker)-
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Dragon Age 2 worth $20?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived