This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone know if the PS3 plays Japanese PS1 games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Anyone know if the PS3 plays Japanese PS1 games?

User Info: kg_twolves21

kg_twolves21
4 years ago#1
topic?

User Info: ExtremeLight

ExtremeLight
4 years ago#2
kg_twolves21 posted...
topic?

Downloadable? Not with an American PSN account.
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!

kg_twolves21
4 years ago#3
No, i mean Ps1 discs. Looking to buy the DBZ legends game that only came out in Japan but want to make sure it'll play on my PS3

User Info: ExtremeLight

ExtremeLight
4 years ago#4
kg_twolves21 posted...
No, i mean Ps1 discs. Looking to buy the DBZ legends game that only came out in Japan but want to make sure it'll play on my PS3

I don't know if Japanese PS games work on PS3. Also only the fat ones (which they don't make anymore) only play older PS games. I think you need the 60/80gb. Still not sure if a japanese game will work though.
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!

kg_twolves21
4 years ago#5
Ugh guess i'll have to dig out the PS1 and use the spring trick then lol. Thanks man

User Info: ThePatrick

ThePatrick
4 years ago#6
Is it a Japanese PS3? Then, yes!

Otherwise, for disc-based media, no. Only Bluray media is region-free, and even then there are a handful of blocked games, I believe.
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored

User Info: ScreamingMidget

ScreamingMidget
4 years ago#7
ThePatrick posted...
Is it a Japanese PS3? Then, yes!

Otherwise, for disc-based media, no. Only Bluray media is region-free, and even then there are a handful of blocked games, I believe.

This.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Anyone know if the PS3 plays Japanese PS1 games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived