This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy 9 - How good is it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Final Fantasy 9 - How good is it?

User Info: GXL_Leon

GXL_Leon
4 years ago#51
I mean... main char is not a tank... is not a healer... is not a summoner... is not a damager
is not a buffer... is not nothing IDK whats his role is... :S
God Hand (Hard) <---> Dark Souls

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
4 years ago#52
GXL_Leon posted...
I mean... main char is not a tank... is not a healer... is not a summoner... is not a damager

Zidane is a thief.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
4 years ago#53
fakewars posted...
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
I'm a huge FF7 fanboy....... it's the BEST RPG ever created. Period. I look down upon anyone who has a different opinion.

But with that said.... my favorite RPG's besides FF7 are:

-Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, FFX, Xenogears...... and that's about it. I've tried countless other highly regarded RPG's but never finished them because nothing comes close to the style/atmosphere/feeling of the almighty FF7 (besides the 4 I listed).

>ignorant of gaming
>never play Atlus games
>look down upon anyone who has a different opinion.

Honestly I'd say the only Atlus games that are high-caliber are Radiant Historia and Nocturne.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: fakewars

fakewars
4 years ago#54
theofficefan99 posted...
fakewars posted...
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
I'm a huge FF7 fanboy....... it's the BEST RPG ever created. Period. I look down upon anyone who has a different opinion.

But with that said.... my favorite RPG's besides FF7 are:

-Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, FFX, Xenogears...... and that's about it. I've tried countless other highly regarded RPG's but never finished them because nothing comes close to the style/atmosphere/feeling of the almighty FF7 (besides the 4 I listed).

>ignorant of gaming
>never play Atlus games
>look down upon anyone who has a different opinion.

Honestly I'd say the only Atlus games that are high-caliber are Radiant Historia and Nocturne.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/persona-4-golden
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation/final-fantasy-vii
"The heads of peasants are much better as footballs."
~Ningishzida

User Info: badboy

badboy
4 years ago#55
Persona sucks, this topic about the superior Final Fantasy IX, which by the way has 94% on Metacritic.

User Info: Crispykids

Crispykids
4 years ago#56
If you like FF7 you will enjoy this game. My personal favorite game of all time; I have been playing it since I was 11 years old and I'm 23 now and still I don't get bored. It has steampunk, fantasy, and other elements all mixed into one masterpiece of a game. Get it if you haven't already it's epic.

User Info: iseemeh

iseemeh
4 years ago#57
Guys please no arguing. IX is great in my opinion, just take note of the slow battle pace even at the fastest setting.

Zidane is great and likable as a character, story and attitude wise. He is something like Yuri from Tales of Vesperia.

User Info: fakewars

fakewars
4 years ago#58
badboy posted...
Persona sucks, this topic about the superior Final Fantasy IX, which by the way has 94% on Metacritic.

and 9.1 user score, where the superior P4 Golden got 9.3
"The heads of peasants are much better as footballs."
~Ningishzida

User Info: GXL_Leon

GXL_Leon
4 years ago#59
theofficefan99 posted...
GXL_Leon posted...

Zidane is a thief.

True! good one tough...

But he need to be in berserker mode to do 9999 in end game :/
or trance...
God Hand (Hard) <---> Dark Souls

User Info: shinra35800

shinra35800
4 years ago#60
It's a great game. It has the best normal fight music out of all the FFs. It also has a great feel and some of the greatest overworld themes in any rpg.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Final Fantasy 9 - How good is it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived