This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My phat PS3 YLOD on me and..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. My phat PS3 YLOD on me and..

User Info: Supa_S

Supa_S
4 years ago#1
I can't get my blu ray disc out :(

I've tried this method but it didn't work

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/YLOD-How-To-Eject-Your-Stuck-Disc/td-p/5419354

Any other suggestions?

User Info: BukoNuTz

BukoNuTz
4 years ago#2
I used the blowdryer method, YouTube it. It'll give your ps3 10-30 minutes until it ylod again.
PSN:BukoNuTz

User Info: xKirbz

xKirbz
4 years ago#3
Buy a heat gun, security screw driver, a normal screw driver, and some arctic silver 5. And search for tutorials on how to fix ylod on youtube. It's easy, trust me!

BukoNuTz
4 years ago#4
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kUaCoimoKTk

Supa_S
4 years ago#5
xKirbz posted...
Buy a heat gun, security screw driver, a normal screw driver, and some arctic silver 5. And search for tutorials on how to fix ylod on youtube. It's easy, trust me!

I've seen the method and I dunno, worried I'll screw something up (I always do)

Any specific temperature/setting for the hair dryer?

BukoNuTz
4 years ago#6
Used the highest setting. This is the cheapest method I know and it will work. Watch the video and it will make a lot of sense. Good luck!

Supa_S
4 years ago#7
BukoNuTz posted...
Used the highest setting. This is the cheapest method I know and it will work. Watch the video and it will make a lot of sense. Good luck!

Except he mentioned that something melted inside O_O

Any idea what it is?

User Info: xKirbz

xKirbz
4 years ago#8
Supa_S posted...
xKirbz posted...

Take pictures of what goes where if that's what your worried about. It's very easy if you find the right tutorial. I can't find a video fo you because it's been a while and I know how to fix it myself.

BukoNuTz
4 years ago#9
Supa_S posted...
BukoNuTz posted...

Except he mentioned that something melted inside O_O

Any idea what it is?

The plastic vents I believe, This is not a permanent solution, this is just a way to get your disc out. This is really the cheapest solution without opening your ps3

Supa_S
4 years ago#10
xKirbz posted...
Supa_S posted...
xKirbz posted...

Take pictures of what goes where if that's what your worried about. It's very easy if you find the right tutorial. I can't find a video fo you because it's been a while and I know how to fix it myself.

How long does it last after fixing it? This is the 2nd time my PS3 has YLOD on me. I had it fixed by a friend (I paid him) but it only lasted a little over a month :(
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. My phat PS3 YLOD on me and..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived