This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: What is your favorite type of RPG?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. POLL: What is your favorite type of RPG?

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
4 years ago#11
They're too broad of a set of categories. There's so many little subsets within those two categories.

Like, I don't enjoy TRPGs or RPGs like Ar Tonelico, Cross Edge, HDN, or most of the Atelier Series, but I absolutely love stuff like Eternal Sonta, Ni No Kuni, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, and the Ys Series. They're all JRPGs though.

Same deal with WRPGs, there's a number of subsets within the category that I like, and a number that I don't.

I suppose I like more styles in the JRPG category than I do in the WRPG category though.
I kill because I'm weak. Too weak to incapacitate an aggressor without killing them. Killing is easy. Not having to fight is hard.

User Info: Guts_Leonheart

Guts_Leonheart
4 years ago#12
Mandatory jRPGs and wRPGs are not a genre, they're RPGs that are made in Japan/Western world. They are prone to having similiar themes and mechanics but are not limited to them ie Demons Souls plays like a wRPG but is in fact made in Japan therefore is technically a jRPG.

I like older RPGs from both places for the most part though I prefer modern RPGs made in Japan over RPGs made in the West.

User Info: HolyMcmoly

HolyMcmoly
4 years ago#13
The results are no surprise. Weeaboos, weeaboos everywhere.

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
4 years ago#14
Simple fact of the matter is that there are FAR more RPGs made by Japanese or Eastern Developers than there are made by Western Developers.

Simple numbers game.
I kill because I'm weak. Too weak to incapacitate an aggressor without killing them. Killing is easy. Not having to fight is hard.

User Info: ValorZrayk

ValorZrayk
4 years ago#15
My sig.
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>4>1>2>10-2

User Info: Yggdrasille

Yggdrasille
4 years ago#16
JRPG, but I loved Dragon Age Origins and Deus Ex: HR and somewhat liked Mass Effect 2.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Ygdrasille.png
Waiting for: Naruto SUNS 3, Beyond: Two Souls, Tales of Xillia, Ninja Gaiden 3: RE, Ys: Memories of Celceta

User Info: deadmarv

deadmarv
4 years ago#17
Wasn't the same poll posted a week or two ago by a different person?
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.

User Info: JohnHitman47

JohnHitman47
4 years ago#18
JRPG
D souls games
Dragon's dogma
Love good shooters and horror.

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
4 years ago#19
Mass effect is not an rpg, its another space marine shooter

User Info: Astroshak

Astroshak
4 years ago#20
I like RPG's.

I don't care if it is an Action RPG, a Strategy RPG, a PC RPG, a Console RPG, or what. I like RPG's. I may not like specific ones, but in general, I like RPG's.

I don't have a favorite. And until the whole issue of whether JRPG and WRPG refer to the "style" or the game's "country of origin" is resolved, I would encourage people not to confuse everyone else by using those two terms.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. POLL: What is your favorite type of RPG?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived