This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should they get rid of dlc for good or is it a bad idea?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Should they get rid of dlc for good or is it a bad idea?

User Info: cheatermaster

cheatermaster
4 years ago#1
These days or even asince it first appeared, practically everybody, or just most people (if not then some people) really hate dlc because of everything. Like the infamous on-disc dlc, and the whole it costs too much money. Should they get rid of dlc for good? Or do you think that it's not a good idea to get rid of dlc? If it's a bad idea, then why do you think it's not a good idea to get rid of dlc, despite the whole "it costs too much money", and the whole "on disc" dlc?

For me generally, I don't mind dlc. Yes I know I have to pay for them and they sometimes cost a lot. But it's my money, and besides as long as it's very interesting to have in the game I don't mind. But I do wonder if getting rid of dlc would be the best idea since these days everybody or most people or at least some people really hate dlc cause of the on-disc dlc and being cost too much money.

User Info: Syi_2010

Syi_2010
4 years ago#2
the only issue I have with DLC is that it takes up additional space and alot of times adds very little to gameplay outside of cosmetic appearances
GT - Syi, PS3 Syion, Wii-dont remember

User Info: metfan57

metfan57
4 years ago#3
they should. they won't.
I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE

User Info: JohnHitman47

JohnHitman47
4 years ago#4
If they remove dlc i will quit gaming.
People that want dlc gone are poor people that can't afford it.
Love good shooters and horror.

User Info: Godly_Goof

Godly_Goof
4 years ago#5
Subjectively. Some companies like EA are jerks with it. Some like Beth are good about what they add. I'd say it's a hit and miss idea. Although if major expansions started coming out via disc instead of OL I'd be all for it. I miss old disc expansions :/
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
4 years ago#6
metfan57 posted...
they should. they won't.
I kill because I'm weak. Too weak to incapacitate an aggressor without killing them. Killing is easy. Not having to fight is hard.

User Info: kingofjamaica

kingofjamaica
4 years ago#7
No, they should not eliminate DLC. What they should do is limit the amount of price gouging and useless DLC there is.

Shivering Isles - Good
Horse Armor - Bad

Make more good, make less bad, stop charging $15 for a map pack that contains only two new maps, and three old maps.
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.

User Info: shinra35800

shinra35800
4 years ago#8
DLC should only be for bug fixes.

User Info: AwesomePS3gamer

AwesomePS3gamer
4 years ago#9
Some DLCs are actually good, you know..

DLCs I bought this gen:

GTA IV
-The Ballad of Gay Tony.
-The Lost and Damned.

Each one of them added 25+ new missions, two complete storylines, 10+ new weapons, 10+ new cars, 8 new motorcycles, aircrafts, golden guns and better graphics in TBOGT's case. You can get both for under $15 now, worth every penny.

Red Dead Redemption

-Undead Nightmare.

Nothing to explain really, it's like an entire new game, you can get it for under $10 now. I'm glad I'm a fan of Rockstar.

User Info: AnonUnknown

AnonUnknown
4 years ago#10
Big expansions, nothing else.
PSN ID: Lance_87 (Now playing: Harmony of Despair)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Should they get rid of dlc for good or is it a bad idea?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived