This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is streaming games important to you?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is streaming games important to you?

User Info: robirmingham

robirmingham
4 years ago#1
What are your thoughts on the PS4 possibly streaming PS3 games?

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/18uiml/ps4_could_stream_ps3_games/

I think I'll be more focused on PS4 games anyway, but I suppose it'd be a cool feature. I did download a bunch of PS1 classics on my PS3 this time around, though.
www.flydrs.com Video game reviews, previews, and info.
https://www.facebook.com/theflydrs

User Info: docholliday504

docholliday504
4 years ago#2
I DLed a few PS1 and PS2 titles but by and large my time is spent playing new games. I'd appreciate the feature, but I don't think I'd consider it "important" to me.
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Halo 4, Resident Evil 6, Persona 3

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
4 years ago#3
I love what the PS3 offered.......despite if I had a PS3...it'd be a majority of PSOne and PS2 titles >.<, only issue is memory,.
Own a Vita, your a troll, own a 3ds, your a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.

User Info: drags_

drags_
4 years ago#4
It doesn't really matter to me, I will be using my PS3 to play PS3 games. Now if I can stream PS3 games to my Vita then I will be happy and probably use that feature once in a while. I tried Onlive for a few days and it was decent enough, I heard that Gaikai was even smoother than Onlive so it should be a great option for people in NA. It also depends on how much of the PS3 library they will allow you to stream and how the whole process will work, if I put my PS3 disc that I own into PS4 will I get to stream it for free? Too many questions, hopefully some will be answered tomorrow!

User Info: pixel378

pixel378
4 years ago#5
How does it work? Can I stream my games I already own or what? If it can stream my games from ps3 I can sell my ps3 to work towards ps4.
MGO- Mr. Detroit

User Info: tisuko

tisuko
4 years ago#6
Since my internet is crap. I figure it would run stream pretty horrible.
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i

User Info: robirmingham

robirmingham
4 years ago#7
pixel378 posted...
How does it work? Can I stream my games I already own or what? If it can stream my games from ps3 I can sell my ps3 to work towards ps4.

Hopefully that question is answered tomorrow!

That's what I would like to see, though. I've gotten quite a few games from the PSN, so those better transfer!
www.flydrs.com Video game reviews, previews, and info.
https://www.facebook.com/theflydrs

User Info: Leanaunfurled

Leanaunfurled
4 years ago#8
Seeing as how the majority of my PS3 collection are physical, I honestly don't care. Though it's obvious with consoles I should now be going digital, even though it's more expensive. So I probably won't.
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png

User Info: zyrax2301

zyrax2301
4 years ago#9
I'd rather not.

Relying on stable internet to play games isn't fair to the entire consumer base, as a lot of Playstation 3 owners aren't capable of playing online (this is an assumption, but because I haven't posted numbers/stats it is also true).
Why? Because **** you is why.

User Info: Draconas_Lyrr

Draconas_Lyrr
4 years ago#10
It would just be a bonus for me, I'm getting a PS4 for PS4 games.
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is streaming games important to you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived