This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dualshock 3 will not be supported on Ps4.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Dualshock 3 will not be supported on Ps4.

User Info: RahzarX

RahzarX
4 years ago#1
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/playstation-4-supports-move-but-not-dualshock-3

What a joke
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."

User Info: thedivineslaser

thedivineslaser
4 years ago#2
Did the Gamecube support N64 controllers? Did the PS3 support PS2 controllers? Did the 360 support Xbox controllers?

Wut a joke.
<3 Mit allem dein Herz <3
Sheath your e-wangs, we are friends here.

User Info: bigdeez

bigdeez
4 years ago#3
Why would it support last gens controller?
Brother Seamus? Like an Irish monk? -- The Dude

RahzarX
4 years ago#4
thedivineslaser posted...
Did the Gamecube support N64 controllers? Did the PS3 support PS2 controllers? Did the 360 support Xbox controllers?

Wut a joke.

Wii U supports Wii controllers.
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."

User Info: thedivineslaser

thedivineslaser
4 years ago#5
The Wii U controllers are functionally the same as Wii controllers except for the tablet. The PS4 controller is very different than DS3. Doesn't even have a start or select button anymore.
<3 Mit allem dein Herz <3
Sheath your e-wangs, we are friends here.

RahzarX
4 years ago#6
bigdeez posted...
Why would it support last gens controller?

It's the same controller with a touch pad, so why not?

This is the first gen with proprietary wireless controllers, wires were the reasons the controllers weren't ported from Ps2-Ps3.

RahzarX
4 years ago#7
The Wii U controllers are functionally the same as Wii controllers except for the tablet. The PS4 controller is very different than DS3. Doesn't even have a start or select button anymore.

Yes it does, the touch pad is start/select.

It's functionally the same as DS3. Even more so than the TAB - Wiimote since the wiimote has no joysticks and no secondary screen.

DS4 is a DS3 with a pad that acts as a second RStick.

User Info: LodeiroSnake

LodeiroSnake
4 years ago#8
Lol try harder TC
"Doesn't matter. I hate Nintendo so only people who hate Nintendo are right. Nintendo could buy all the food in the world. I'd rather **** starve!"

User Info: Rafedx

Rafedx
4 years ago#9
RahzarX posted...

Yes it does, the touch pad is start/select.

It's functionally the same as DS3. Even more so than the TAB - Wiimote since the wiimote has no joysticks and no secondary screen.

DS4 is a DS3 with a pad that acts as a second RStick.

It's the touch pad that is causing the issue. I can tell you most if not all games will have touch pad support in some capacity, how do you expect a DS3 to work with a game that needs touch pad?

You cannot honestly expect them to put DS3 support into every single title do you?
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.

User Info: AncestralZero

AncestralZero
4 years ago#10
PS2 supported Ps1 controllers, Ps3 supported Ps2 controller with an adapter. Wii U supports Wii controllers.

If the controllers didn't cost so much, I doubt there would be much of a problem tho.

Also, I think the start/select is a non issue between the controllers, They changed start to Options and select to share on the new one.
FC 5071 3611 7324 Mickey
CLONING/RC'ing------2580 4177 3237 http://tinyurl.com/AncestralZero ----shiny's and events.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Dualshock 3 will not be supported on Ps4.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived