This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking about replacing PS3

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Thinking about replacing PS3

User Info: TkShot

TkShot
4 years ago#1
I have a 5 year old PS3 40GB that was used from Gamestop and it has the red light of death so every time it turns off I have to keep on pressing the power button until it eventually stays on. It's been pre-owned and I never bothered making a PSN account so I used the one that was signed in with someone else's account (xPrimeEvilx) and I have all my trophies on that account so I'm kinda screwed..

I was thinking about getting a new PS3, should I? How will I be able to transfer all my data and trophies there? Honestly though I just want all of my data transferred but I'm afraid some games won't let me transfer..
Lightning x Lumina is overrated!
it's ALL ABOUT dat Barthandelus x Hope x Ultros

User Info: AwayFromHere

AwayFromHere
4 years ago#2
If you don't have access to the email and password of the account you're using, just start everything over.
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.

User Info: TkShot

TkShot
4 years ago#3
I tried emailing the previous owner but it says their was no such thing so I'm assuming they deleted their email. O___o Maybe I should call Sony so that they can change my email to the one I use?

Will I at least still have all my save data transfered if I decided to save everything on a USB stick and put it in the new PS3?
Lightning x Lumina is overrated!
it's ALL ABOUT dat Barthandelus x Hope x Ultros

User Info: este914

este914
4 years ago#4
I doubt they will be able to help you... But it's worth a shot. I can't think of anything else I'd try.
It's more or less your own fault that you used an account that technically 'didnt belong to you' ... So.... yea.
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Thinking about replacing PS3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived