This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite Marvel vs. Capcom game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Favorite Marvel vs. Capcom game?

User Info: Movie64

Movie64
4 years ago#1
I'm bored and i was just wondering what is your favorite Marvel vs. Capcom game. and why (It's really the only fighting game series that clicks for me besides Smash Bros.)

I would have to choose Marvel 3, since i think it doesn't have reused sprites like both 2 and 1, characters are more varied on both sides, and it has more personality than 2 Plus, the music is better than 2..(1 maybe it slightly better in that regard).

User Info: The_Bones

The_Bones
4 years ago#2
Probably Marvel Vs Street Fighter.

Movie64
4 years ago#3
The_Bones posted...
Probably Marvel Vs Street Fighter.

Never heard about that one. Is it similar to Marvel 1 or 2?

User Info: Roachmeat

Roachmeat
4 years ago#4
Marvel vs Capcom 2

Simply because it was made around the time when I was younger and the characters resonated with me.

For the same reason why I can understand people might like the "modern" MvsC3 roster over the last one. Maybe today's gamers aren't supposed to appreciate Captain Commando or Jin Saotome from Cyberbots.

"Captain KICK!" --Captain Commando, Marvel vs Capcom 2

I didn't pick Mega Man much when I had the game myself. But I can understand leaving him out in MvsC3. The second one was for giving Capcom credit for their creations.
"..Waste of flesh.." --Shuma Gorath victory, Marvel vs Capcom 3

User Info: XWolfO

XWolfO
4 years ago#5
MvC3. Least it's not copy and pasta all over the place. And I do like it better than the others, so yeah. MvC3 it is.
I will BURN MY BREAD!

User Info: toadieman

toadieman
4 years ago#6
Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Lots of good arcade memories.
PSN: toadieman

User Info: smoky820

smoky820
4 years ago#7
its hard to say for me, i played mvc2 competetively for a few years and i enjoyed the game but i always hated how most characters werent viable and i didnt really care for the roster. i also liked that the game took more skill

for mvc3/umc3 i like the roster much more (especially the marvel side) and while there are still big gaps in balance its still more balanced than marvel 2. i dislike the way the game can be random at times.

i enjoy both but for different reasons i guess
scientists had till Dec 31 2009 to get off their asses and create megaman. they failed us.

User Info: gamestop27

gamestop27
4 years ago#8
Clash of Heroes, I loved the music and the ability to play with Onslaught. The 3 on 3 combat in 2 and 3 didn't appeal to me much.
The one weakness of any protagonist or hero-like character is a Cut Scene.~ KaiserNeko

User Info: arstos

arstos
4 years ago#9
Mvc2 followed closely by x-men vs street fighter
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII

Movie64
4 years ago#10
gamestop27 posted...
Clash of Heroes, I loved the music and the ability to play with Onslaught. The 3 on 3 combat in 2 and 3 didn't appeal to me much.

Well you might enjoy Tatsunoko vs. Capcom then. It has 2 on 2 like Marvel 1. It's a good game, though i enjoy Marvel 2 and 3 more. Tatsunoko is a little sluggish for me. I like the more hectic speed of 2 and 3 more.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Favorite Marvel vs. Capcom game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived