This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best PSN Shooter?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Best PSN Shooter?

User Info: madcletus

madcletus
4 years ago#1
I was wondering what the consensus was around here regarding the best shooter on PSN. I am wanting something with skill progression and level-ups similar to big box games like COD.

There seems to be quite a few more on PSN than I was expecting and I was just wanting a little guidance.

Any and all help is appreciated,
Valar Morghulis

User Info: Tricked Out Horo

Tricked Out Horo
4 years ago#2
Payday The Heist.
Gear Second.

madcletus
4 years ago#3
So nobody is really playing the older titles? That Section 8 game sounds good and for $5 Blacklight seems like a no brainer... but if there is nobody playing them, what's the point?

If it was just a matter of finding a good shooter I would get one but lookin' around the boards for various PSN games it seems that no matter how good a FPS is on PSN, the community just abandons it as soon as a newer one comes out.

So Payday is the flavor of the week now, huh?
Valar Morghulis

User Info: HaloODSTD

HaloODSTD
4 years ago#4
Killzone 3.
Resistance 3.
Crysis 3.
Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
GT: Jessica Jung xo (Gears 2, Halo Reach, Halo 4)
PSN: Rutgers Student (Killzone 2, Binary Domain)

madcletus
4 years ago#5
^Retail games are not what I'm lookin' for. Thanks anyway.
Valar Morghulis

User Info: Eseenuz

Eseenuz
4 years ago#6
House of the Dead 3 + Move & Sharpshooter = FUN (especially with a friend)

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
4 years ago#7
Tricked Out Horo posted...
Payday The Heist.

If it HAS to be competitive, There's also Modern Combat: Domination.

madcletus
4 years ago#8
I suppose it doesn't HAVE to be competitive. Are there some good SP/Co-op shooters on PSN? I guess I just assumed if I was buying it online it would be an online game lol.
Valar Morghulis

User Info: Lord_TenseEye

Lord_TenseEye
4 years ago#9
madcletus posted...
^Retail games are not what I'm lookin' for. Thanks anyway.

Killzone 3 MP (while considered a retail game) is only $15. Not sure how many people still play it. I have it (though I deleted it a while back as I needed the HDD space).

madcletus
4 years ago#10
Yeah, I saw that PSN was sellin' MP portions of games individually. Not a bad tactic, IMO. Sometimes I buy games exclusively for either the SP or MP.

Here's the thing: I've been offline for almost 5 years. Now I finally have access to PSN again. So I'm lookin' for something (relatively) cheap due to it's age but still active. No use paying top dollar for a brand new game when there are 5 years of older releases for me to choose from.

But I'm startin' to think I'm gonna have to find a SP game. As I said, it seems the shelf-life for MP games on PSN is super-short.
Valar Morghulis
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Best PSN Shooter?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived