This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how long did it take you to get a ps3...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So how long did it take you to get a ps3...

User Info: spacejamjordanz

spacejamjordanz
4 years ago#21
Jan 2007 is when I got my first PS3(THE REAL PS3), then I got a slim in Dec 2009 when my 60GB was stolen(apartment break-in).

I'm still undecided if and when for PS4. I want to see what Micorosft has first before I decide. I will probably only have one console this time around. So I'm going to let Sony and MS make their case.
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>

User Info: ElBorak77

ElBorak77
4 years ago#22
tonyalmaeda posted...
I got my PS3 in Dec 2006. (Damn, its almost 10 years later, 3 years to go.)

that's seven.
PSN El_Borak_77

User Info: Hello_Melo

Hello_Melo
4 years ago#23
August of 2007. So less than a year and after the first price drop.
I love you.

User Info: Eseenuz

Eseenuz
4 years ago#24
lifelack posted...
Eseenuz posted...
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is awesome, Soul Sacrifice and Killzone Mercenary out this year. Smart As.. is awesome

I could go on and on, but I don't need to.

Maybe for YOU. But the vast majority of gamers seems to think it's not enough.. In case you wonder, I'm in the majority. It's a question of taste maybe.

or money... http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-09-12/record-u-dot-s-dot-poverty-rate-holds-as-inequality-grows

just saying lol

User Info: ninja_starX

ninja_starX
4 years ago#25
got it at launch for about 425 (iirc) but it ended up with the ylod, then i got the slim model around 2010/11.
Winternova posted...Because the advertisements make the dashboard seem more organic than the sparse and clinical PS3 alternative.

User Info: BambooPandamo

BambooPandamo
4 years ago#26
PS3?
2 years because no PS2 BC and $599. Amassed a big library of physical games and tons of PSN content.

PS4?
Never.

No PS1, PS2, PS3, & PSN BC means no business. Period.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/ChibiMrBubbles.png
http://steamcommunity.com/id/MisterBubbles

User Info: lifelack

lifelack
4 years ago#27
Well... No BC is a big think indeed. For me anyway. But no PSN BC is too much.
If I buy a PS4 it's when I will be drunk one night and impulse buy. If only I can remember to wait til I'm sober when it happen.

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
4 years ago#28
It took me a few days to get a PS3... mainly because I was waiting in line a few days to get one on launch day.

Yes, I'm that odd. The kicker? I also was able to work no problem while waiting in line, because I was waiting in line outside my job. Just had someone hold my spot while I went in, worked my shift, then came back out and waited some more.

Hooray Eagle Scout preparedness! I even had a toothbrush and toothpaste with me, so I could get ready in the morning. Don't work retail anymore now, though, so if I don't preorder one for a day-one pickup, I can just request off for like a week and go wait outside of Best Buy or something. Hell, can probably work from inside the tent and save myself some vacation time, too.

User Info: Vincent137

Vincent137
4 years ago#29
Couldn't find one anywhere so I had to buy one online for like $900 in Dec 2006. It finally died on me Dec 2010. Good time,

Anyways PS 4 day one if I can find one.

User Info: TILlegion777

TILlegion777
4 years ago#30
BahamutBBob posted...
I got mine a couple days after MGS4 was released.

I'm still weighing my options for next gen. I may or may not get a PS4, I may or may not get a 720.

This. I don't really have an interest in the Wii U though. While I'd love to get one and play the games it's not really worth the investment, especially when I don't have that many people to play the couch co-op stuff with (which is the best stuff half the time).
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So how long did it take you to get a ps3...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived