This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

jRPG's that start off right in the action

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. jRPG's that start off right in the action

User Info: knightoffire55

knightoffire55
4 years ago#1
You know jRPG's that just put you in a dungeon. No stupid town wandering for the first two hours of gameplay.
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.

User Info: davidvinc

davidvinc
4 years ago#2
FF3
Check out my collection and leave a comment!
http://backloggery.com/davidvinc

User Info: davidvinc

davidvinc
4 years ago#3
FF6, Wild Arms, Wild Arms 2, Wild Arms 3, FF5, FF7, FF10, FF13, DQ1, DQ2, DQ3, DQ4, DQ5, Lufia...

I'm sure I'll think of more.
Check out my collection and leave a comment!
http://backloggery.com/davidvinc

User Info: LemonKweenstaaa

LemonKweenstaaa
4 years ago#4
I was going to say "any roguelike" but then I noticed the topic title said jRPG's.

And it made me think. Its kind of funny, because Japanese roguelikes like Shiren the Wanderer and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon still have a ridiculous amount of exposition.
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i.imgur.com/RQBXfZH.jpg

User Info: Mega Wolf

Mega Wolf
4 years ago#5
Wild Arms 3 intro, Grandia 2 intro, Fate/Extra, Patapon Series, Yggddra Union, Riviera,
sure there are more.
"What's with you and this "purify" thing? For some reason I doubt your knights are packing soap and bubble bath in that armour." ~Ryudo

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
4 years ago#6
Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Secret of Mana.

User Info: KYOJIROKAGENUMA

KYOJIROKAGENUMA
4 years ago#7
KYOJIROKAGENUMA posted...
Vagrant Story

Parasite Eve 1

Chocobo's Dungeon 2

Final Fantasy X-2

Lufia (2) Rise of the Sinestrals?

Breath of Fire 3

SRW:Z-2 Saisen-hen

Super Mario RPG

User Info: Shineboxer

Shineboxer
4 years ago#8
Lost Odyssey.
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD

User Info: peter_888

peter_888
4 years ago#9
legend of the dragoon
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.

User Info: tooweak

tooweak
4 years ago#10
Wild Arms 1, but only for Jack's Scenario (Rudy starts in town, Cecilia's starts in town and has some wandering about). NOTE: USA Vita user? Get it free. PS Store-> featured -> PS Anniversary Bash.

Breath of Fire 3-

FF5-On way towards a town, but something happens. So you take a detour to a dungeon first.

FF6-After intro scene, you may spend some time in a town, but there isn't a chance to explore or shop at this time. but there will be plenty of fighting. So may as well count as dungeon at this point of the game.

FF10-brief town visit, but stuff goes down soon after.

FFX-2: this fits it. Watch the song then chase some baddies.

Demon's Souls/Dark Souls (if japan made, but not in the usual japanese style, counts)

WKC2-Scardigne segment (in town, but town is battle area), while main team starts in a one room airship which takes you to an outdoor dungeon once you setup skills.

FF13-2: Got a big fight and a QTE before you get to the first town. Although wandering about town comes soon enough.
If you believe the read a book line you spout, you DON'T want us near books. Our buying and whining would degrade books so bad that Twilight looks Shakespearean
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. jRPG's that start off right in the action

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived