This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

just got a ps3...what the hell?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. just got a ps3...what the hell?

User Info: RomaRangers

RomaRangers
4 years ago#1
I got a new ps3 yesterday. First thing i did was sign up for Psn. But first i had to do a system update. It wasnt too bad, maybe 10 minutes. Then i want to play uncharted. There is another game update. Not too bad maybe 5 minutes. The the game freezes on me 3 different times. I had to restart my systems each time. So i want to try another game to make sure that its not the console. I put in killzone 2 and theres another update. Its 90MB and i have been sitting here for about 10 minutes and its at 14 percent. I tuped this whole thing o my phone while waiting. At this rate its gonna time about an hour.

I have comcast internet with wireless n connection. What is going on?

User Info: Irony

Irony
4 years ago#2
ok
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
4 years ago#3
What's going on is you're not hitting the circle button when the game asks you if you want to update it.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: lil_mocchi

lil_mocchi
4 years ago#4
get faster internet as well
PSN:kropodra
put on your metal gear, prepare to take your mark ive got mad game like up up down down left right left right B A select start

RomaRangers
4 years ago#5
riddlebox89 posted...
What's going on is you're not hitting the circle button when the game asks you if you want to update it.

I didnt realize i could skip the update, so i just did that and im testing it now. Will i need to do the update to play online?

User Info: ryouma17

ryouma17
4 years ago#6
uncharted? killzone? theres your problem right there your playing bad games and your PS3 is trying to stop you
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
4 years ago#7
RomaRangers posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

I didnt realize i could skip the update, so i just did that and im testing it now. Will i need to do the update to play online?

Yes you need to update the game to play it online.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.

User Info: Darkside_Shadow

Darkside_Shadow
4 years ago#8
Serves you right for being so late to the party. Consider yourself lucky most updates are 300-700mb nowadays. Try Updating GT5. Could take a month.

I learned everything I needed to know about human behavior from Battlefield 1942. On an aircarft carrier just outside Wake Island. TK!

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
4 years ago#9
The wireless connection is also part of the issue as well.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.

RomaRangers
4 years ago#10
Ok i think my uncharted disc is just screwed up. Is it normal for a scratched disc to freeze the whole system like that?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. just got a ps3...what the hell?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived