This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Sonic Adventure 2 HD worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is Sonic Adventure 2 HD worth it?

User Info: ph121

ph121
4 years ago#11
LionheartCJ posted...

Also the HD re-release of SA1 is only in 4:3, so if you want to play it in fullscreen you have to set your PS3 to 480p 4:3 (unless there is a way to get 720p/1080p at 4:3)

just run the game at 720/1080p, let it go full screen, then use your TVs scaling options to reduce the 16:9 image to 4:3 with vertical letterboxing..
"I saw iiNet's defence in court under oath.they had no idea their customers were downloading illegally music or movies." Senator Conroy

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
4 years ago#12
PangLa posted...
flame030191 posted...
MP is local only (two controllers required, no online).

Other than that, any fan of 3D Sonic will definitely enjoy it.

Yeah, that's exactly what I need, local play. He is only 3 years old lol.

I just saw some videos of the game, this is the Sonic game where you take care of babies or whatever right? I remember playing this when I was younger, I had no idea this was it haha.

The story is ok in the game, theres a lot of action levels ala Sonic (nothing complicated or violent, just standard Sonic games) and it does have Chao Garden as a side thing to do.

Overall i had a lot of fun with it 10 years ago, and the HD version didnt disappoint.
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.

User Info: Stanger5150

Stanger5150
4 years ago#13
LionheartCJ posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
I prefer the first one, and I hate how SA2 forces the use of characters and gameplay styles I can't stand. The digging levels made me hate the game.

2's controls and camera are alot tighter, but 1 did have the better gameplay style. If all the levels were like Green Forest and White Jungle then it would of easily surpassed the first game

Also the HD re-release of SA1 is only in 4:3, so if you want to play it in fullscreen you have to set your PS3 to 480p 4:3 (unless there is a way to get 720p/1080p at 4:3)

I didn't know that. I haven't played it since I upgraded to an HDTV.
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Vanquish- PS3, Super Mario Bros. 2- NES

User Info: ViietNam1

ViietNam1
4 years ago#14
Pretty good & it's not an HD remake btw lol.
http://psnprofiles.com/VlETNAM-

User Info: Great_Pudding_3

Great_Pudding_3
4 years ago#15
Even though I'm a huge Sonic fan and grew up with his games on the Genesis, I skipped this one on the Dreamcast.

I bought the HD version and honestly my experience was worse then Sonic 06'. Not exaggerating. Just very bad in every way. I really didn't find any of it enjoyable.

Though lots of people hate Sonic Adventure 1 for being buggy and weird. I happen to love that one to death.
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon

User Info: XWolfO

XWolfO
4 years ago#16
Yes. It is easily one of the best 3D Sonics. I would even say it's the best 3D Sonic. That's just me, though.
It's-a me!

User Info: solideye11

solideye11
4 years ago#17
For todays standards, the game is........... bleh. But young kids usually overlook problems with games, so he should enjoy it.
SOLID EYE SYSTEM-OTC-0017/02
PSN: chr11224

User Info: Heracross17

Heracross17
4 years ago#18
This is one of my favorite games of all time. I love taking care of chao. I love the story. The camera causes major issues, so no change there.

As great as this game is, I can't say you should get it just for multiplayer. If I recall correctly, there are 3 modes: Racing, 2P Fighting, and Treasure Hunting.
HG FC: 2666 6874 1041
Black FC: 1764 7784 9186

User Info: mistergrownman

mistergrownman
4 years ago#19
As far as multiplayer goes.... the treasure hunting may be fun.
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early do.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#20
I spent SOOOOOOOOO many hours in that Chao Garden. It was almost unhealthy.
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is Sonic Adventure 2 HD worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived