This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have turn-based RPGs become outdated?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Have turn-based RPGs become outdated?

User Info: SieKensou

SieKensou
3 years ago#11
when it's done right, it's still tons of fun. surprisingly, the most traditional form of turn-based battles can still be done right or wrong..
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462

User Info: Spoiled_Cliche

Spoiled_Cliche
3 years ago#12
Hm...i should have included a handheld option. I guess the Not quite outdated. Classic turn-based combat still has some charm as a niche sub-genre option is the closest to that.

User Info: boredofyou

boredofyou
3 years ago#13
I wanted to vote the second to last option but the last one has more truth.. (-_-)
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.

Spoiled_Cliche
3 years ago#14
boredofyou posted...
I wanted to vote the second to last option but the last one has more truth.. (-_-)

Finally someone votes for it!

It was a last minute addition. I bet it would be more voted if it didn't have the word "evolved" in it.

User Info: R15K

R15K
3 years ago#15
I voted the most popular option (surprisingly) but I'm not sure "niche market" is what I'd say, that implies a super small fan base and I think it's larger then that especially if handhelds are included.

Spoiled_Cliche
3 years ago#16
R15K posted...
I voted the most popular option (surprisingly) but I'm not sure "niche market" is what I'd say, that implies a super small fan base and I think it's larger then that especially if handhelds are included.

It's indeed still quite popular.

But compared to what it was in the past generations, it's relatively niche.

User Info: Ryphis_Demeanor

Ryphis_Demeanor
3 years ago#17
They were so relaxing. You could always play a turn based RPG at 3AM half asleep slumped on a couch because you could run into the woods and grind. That's what I miss, grinding is still possible in many of the modern rpgs but it usually involves needing a lot more attention.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Have turn-based RPGs become outdated?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived