This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have never played a Resident Evil game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I have never played a Resident Evil game.

User Info: Thamauturge

Thamauturge
3 years ago#1
And as a survival horror fan, that is unacceptable. I love stuff like Silent Hill 1-3.

Anyways, a series as extensive as RE is a little overwhelming and I'm not sure where I should start out.

The game systems that I still have active are my PS2, PS3 (PS1 also due to BC and PSN) and a Gamecube.
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Silent Hill Downpour, Ratchet Collection

User Info: Varron

Varron
3 years ago#2
Go play them.
One Shot
PSN: Snippuh

User Info: piazzapimper313

piazzapimper313
3 years ago#3
I dont think you can be a survival horror fan and not play resident evil!

If i were you, id start out with the first resident evil or code veronica, just to see how the older gameplay was. Then move on to 4, and potentially 5.. maybe 6

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
3 years ago#4
My suggestion would be as follows:

Resident Evil 0 on Gamecube.

Resident Evil on Gamecube.

If you can find them, the versions of Resident Evil 2 and 3 on Gamecube. Worst-case scenario, get the PS1 versions off the PSN store or something.

Resident Evil 4 on... probably the one they have in HD on PS3.

RE5 on any console or PC, doesn't matter.

RE6, same thing.

The older ones are more "classic" survival horror, a la the original Alone in the Dark games. The newer ones, RE4 and onwards, are more action-oriented and less survival-horror-based. I think the plot's still fairly decent in them. RE5 and RE6, you might even be able to find fairly cheap - $20 or so. Oh, and those two are best played with a friend who won't ruin the game for you (i.e. "There's a big guy coming, just shoot him in the groin and hide behind a barrel.")
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
edited

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
3 years ago#6
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Resident Evil 2 Dualshock Version (Disc 2 THEN Disc 1)
RE3
RE: Code Veronica X
RE4
REmake
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn

User Info: jubjub360

jubjub360
3 years ago#7
Tarantino it. Play RE6 but just the tutorial part, then go back and play 0 then 1 then 2 then 3 and so on.
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:7~ ~ Number of fans:11~

User Info: Skunkdog1

Skunkdog1
3 years ago#8
go play RE4
proceed to feel bad for not playing one of the greatest games ever made

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
3 years ago#9
jubjub360 posted...
Tarantino it. Play RE6 but just the tutorial part, then go back and play 0 then 1 then 2 then 3 and so on.

"I like to start at the end of a story, then go back to the beginning and proceed forward from there, until finally coming back around to the end, where you might view the characters in a different light with new perspective."

I love that part in The Other Guys.
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"

User Info: Thamauturge

Thamauturge
3 years ago#10
I found the GameCube REmake for a good price. 16 dollars used -like new. I think I would like to start there.

Can someone explain though what the difference is between RE2 and 3 on the GC vs the PS1?
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Silent Hill Downpour, Ratchet Collection
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I have never played a Resident Evil game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived