This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't most JRPGs let you save whenever you want to?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why don't most JRPGs let you save whenever you want to?

User Info: Solnot

Solnot
4 years ago#1
Who came up with this nonsense that you can only save at certain save points in-game or at particular areas? I want to be able to open a menu and save my game immediately whenever I need to stop and go do something else without having to leave my game on just so I don't lose my current progress. Or having to backtrack and wander around just to find my last save point. It's ridiculous.

User Info: Kage_AM2

Kage_AM2
4 years ago#2
It's an ineffective way to make the game more difficult.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
4 years ago#3
Old school.
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)

User Info: Cloudzer00

Cloudzer00
4 years ago#4
Where is the problem?
If you cannot play for at least 15 minutes before taking a break or need to do something different then don't start at all.
Most JRPG have savepoints because they don't want people to abuse saves.
Why take the risk to beat a hard secret enemy if you could just save before every fight and just mash every button till you win ,there is always a save point before a boss fight and you can save everywhere on the world map.

User Info: Godly_Goof

Godly_Goof
4 years ago#5
To prevent checkmate scenarios.
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
4 years ago#6
Godly_Goof posted...
To prevent checkpoint scenarios.

I think it also makes saves a bit smaller and less prone to bugs. If save points are in protected areas, like the save rooms in the old Resident Evil games, then restores are probably a lot easier. There's guaranteed to be no activity going on.
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com

User Info: moogle69

moogle69
4 years ago#7
Golen sun and xenoblade says hi + the negaman card battle rpgs.

They are al great rpgs to.
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD

User Info: AnthonM2

AnthonM2
4 years ago#8
I really hate this in jrpgs.

User Info: Godly_Goof

Godly_Goof
4 years ago#9
Hmm I thought the auto-correct ruined the post but I guess both are equally true O_o
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.

User Info: Shineboxer

Shineboxer
4 years ago#10
Old vestiges of RPG gameplay from the 80's.

I liked flock of seagulls and a-ha too Japan, but the world has moved on forward.
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why don't most JRPGs let you save whenever you want to?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived