This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any good JRPGs this generation?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Are there any good JRPGs this generation?

User Info: MyWifeBeatsMe

MyWifeBeatsMe
4 years ago#1
Not counting Demon's Souls and Dark Souls which are the rare exception to a great JRPG game. It's good that they spent a lot of time making the Souls game like Skyrim.

As for anime's JRPGS on the other hand, I just can't get into Star Ocean or Valkyria Chronicles so I know that I will want to break my ps3 console if I have to put any of that Atelier Ayesha or any NIS America game.

So is there any JRPGs that don't suck? I kinda liked FFXIII since Lightning and Vanille were hot and the graphics were beautiful.

User Info: kupo1705

kupo1705
4 years ago#2
Call of Duty is a good JRPG.

User Info: PHEEliNUX

PHEEliNUX
4 years ago#3
MGR=Best RPG of all time
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"

User Info: Sighto

Sighto
4 years ago#4
I can't think of any JRPGs other than the two Souls games that would appeal to someone of your limited capacity.
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif

User Info: i like rpgz

i like rpgz
4 years ago#5
No no Kuni was pretty good. Kind of old school JRPG, if you're into that sort of thing.
PSN: turkey_nuggets

User Info: thisranks

thisranks
4 years ago#6
Speaking of agendas ... did you guys see that TBC topic? You should get together and discuss tactics.

As for the topic, all the gamers i know don't regionalize games and they are the norm. I don't ever hear the regionalizing of games at the stores i frequent, either. You see, regionalizing games isn't necessary factor involved in the enjoyment of playing them. I think most people have the common sense to understand that.

I think I'd have to find some abnormal gamers to get you the response you are desperate for. I think the nickname for them is Otaku, isn't it?
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW

User Info: atma6

atma6
4 years ago#7
If you liked XIII, then XIII-2 is a no-brainer. Otherwise, cutting out anime RPGs leaves you with not to much. I would personally recommend Nier.
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/

User Info: Virus66

Virus66
4 years ago#8
Dragon's Dogma and Tales of Graces imo.
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?

User Info: MyWifeBeatsMe

MyWifeBeatsMe
4 years ago#9
LOL Tales of Grace..

but Dragons Dogma looks pretty cool. I completely forgot about that JRPG. Another JRPG that appears to move forward in time rather than living with 80s-90s game mechanics. I might also check Nier..

User Info: majin nemesis

majin nemesis
4 years ago#10
MyWifeBeatsMe posted...
LOL Tales of Grace..

but Dragons Dogma looks pretty cool. I completely forgot about that JRPG. Another JRPG that appears to move forward in time rather than living with 80s-90s game mechanics. I might also check Nier..

Tales of Graces F is one of the best JRPGs this gen i don't know why you're loling
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Are there any good JRPGs this generation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived