This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition or Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition or Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3?

User Info: NashtheLion

NashtheLion
4 years ago#21
Just got MK yesterday. As a non fighting fan, I'm diggin it.
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. - Bill Hicks

User Info: Damn_Deadite

Damn_Deadite
4 years ago#22
Get Super Street Fighter 4 AE.

39 Characters, each with their own opening, rival fight and ending.

Easy to learn, hard to master.

Active online comminuty.

Pretty balanced cast of characters. Theres a play style for everyone.
Herrehkhan313
I'll swallow your soul!

User Info: spacejamjordanz

spacejamjordanz
4 years ago#23
Mortal Kombat easily. More content in that title especially if you're a single player type of guy. UMVC3 is a great fighter, but there isn't much to single player due to the lack of modes. Heroes&Heralds helps, but still pales in comparison to MK.
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
4 years ago#24
FiendingHard posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
If by more content you mean 3 hour story mode and 2 hour gimmick tower than yes, MK has more content.

Graveyard, secret boss fights, 3 hours story, mini games, test your luck, tag team, 1v1, Coop online, arcade endings other than story AND less trollish fan base.

Is much better than only having 1 mode other than arcade and very VERY bad online code+ bad rank sytem on top of that

Implying MK netcode is any good. UMvC3 netcode is bad, MK netcode is atrocious and was unplayable when I got it at release.

Also while we're on the topic of MK having more "content" I should point out that UMvC3 has around 20 more playable characters with a much more expansive and diverse moveset. I guess people forget that around here because the only thing that counts as content is gimmicks and mediocre cutscenes where a single character one shots half the cast.

In a fighting game, the fighting and the characters should come before the cutscenes and gimmicks, hence why UMvC3 is still the most popular game in the fighting game community over a year after its release (2 years if you count the vanilla release)

lol
PSN:yahyano1
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition or Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived