This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone convince me to continue through Tomb Raider? *SPOILERS*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Can someone convince me to continue through Tomb Raider? *SPOILERS*

User Info: dudupupu

dudupupu
4 years ago#1

Game had so much initial promise, but once I got to Shanty Town, the game's starting to feel like an Uncharted rip-off. Just watched Roth die and am moving through the forest, and I've gotta say that the last few scenarios were annoying, choppy, and out-of-place silly with all the set pieces, explosions, and bad acting (aside from Laura & Roth).

I was JUST getting a hint of Metroidvania with all the upgrades that allowed backtracking/secrets/etc., but now it feels like a full-on testosterone (...uh...) shootfest.

Am I nearing completion, and if not, does this ever get back to the initial mood/sense of exploration?

Why do games ALL feel the need for over-the-top scripted events? Do they not think we're incapable of being bored if we don't shoot some badly-acted fat-necked bad guys for 10 minutes?

I was sooOOOoO looking forward to this game...
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.

User Info: killak

killak
4 years ago#2
Just keep at it. It's a really good adventure
RAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWRRRRRR

User Info: carib2g

carib2g
4 years ago#3
Why do you need convincing? If you want to stop playing, stop.....
Now Playing: God of War: Ascension; Tomb Raider; Metal Gear Rising
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Can someone convince me to continue through Tomb Raider? *SPOILERS*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived