This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate being ahead of the curve (for kids / people with kids)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I hate being ahead of the curve (for kids / people with kids)

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
4 years ago#1
Alright, so one of my co-workers points this out to me today, knowing that I'm an Eagle Scout and that I'm big into games:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/03/14/boy-scouts-can-now-earn-a-merit-badge-for-game-design/

Yeah, the Boy Scouts now have a merit badge for video games. Kinda cool, especially given that it's for making a game (video game or not - it's an all-inclusive "games" badge.) Kinda wish they had this back when I was in school, because I would have totally aced not only this, but the Cub Scout equivalent:

http://techland.time.com/2010/04/28/cub-scouts-get-loops-and-pins-for-video-games/

Anyway, figured I'd point this out since I know some people around here have kids, or you never know if there's a 16-year-old Scout looking for one more merit badge and didn't know about this. They also have a Robotics one, too, but I didn't check into that one too much.
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"

User Info: the5element

the5element
4 years ago#2
what does video games have to do with outdoor skills and learning to survive in nature and the elements?
thats the whole point of cubs/scouts

ugg
I'll tell you what i do like: A killer, a dyed-in-the-wool killer, cold-blooded, clean, methodical and thorough - Zorg

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
4 years ago#3
the5element posted...
what does video games have to do with outdoor skills and learning to survive in nature and the elements?
thats the whole point of cubs/scouts

ugg

Why do they have a merit badge for computers, music, or cinematography? Boy Scouts is about more than just "going outdoors and learning to survive," though that is a hefty portion of it.
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#4
Boy Scouts is dead to me.

DEAD TO ME.
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja

User Info: este914

este914
4 years ago#5
Raycon posted...
Boy Scouts is dead to me.

DEAD TO ME.

Someone had a bad history with 'em ........
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I hate being ahead of the curve (for kids / people with kids)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived