This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioshock Infinite IGN Review Going up at Midnight

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Bioshock Infinite IGN Review Going up at Midnight

User Info: AssaultMonkey9

AssaultMonkey9
4 years ago#1
Really hope they knocked it out of the park. Even if graphics are showing their age, I hope this new world will wow us like Rapture first did in 2007

This could legitimately be a 9.8/10 kind of game, a true masterpiece if they pull it off
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, AC3
PSN: AssaultMonkey150

User Info: SixSixSevenEigh

SixSixSevenEigh
4 years ago#2
They have an exclusive contract with Irrational.

I'm purchasing anyway and know the game will be amazing, but you'd be a fool to use IGN as a credible source for reviews.
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678

User Info: doraemonllh1989

doraemonllh1989
4 years ago#3
lol 9.8

are you high?
I like good games

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
4 years ago#4
They're not going to give it as high as a 9.8.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

User Info: MlREFOX

MlREFOX
4 years ago#5
I enjoyed Bioshock, but I also thought it was ridiculously overrated. The shooting mechanics were mediocre and the game survived based on atmosphere and an decent story. I fear that if this game piggybacks on the mechanics and relies on atmosphere to save it, it will feel a bit outdated.

User Info: Flare1721

Flare1721
4 years ago#6
Im just going to judge it myself. IGN is worthless.
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721

User Info: iceache

iceache
4 years ago#7
It's wont even get a 9.

Reviewers have already stated that the graphics are pretty bad

"On that note, however, let me warn you console players up front: unlike its jaw-dropping-in-2007 predecessor (I’m not counting BioShock 2 here, as that wasn’t our first trip to Rapture), BioShock Infinite does not have the same technical wow-factor going for it. Yes, Columbia is stunning from a scale, scope, and art-direction perspective, but on a raw graphical level it is a bit underwhelming on the Xbox 360 version I’m starting with. Textures are muddy and low-resolution and the framerate takes regular slight-but-noticeable dips. It reminds me of the console version of Dishonored in that way"

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/03/18/bioshock-infinite-review-in-progress

User Info: Crimson Skys

Crimson Skys
4 years ago#8
iceache posted...
It's wont even get a 9.

"On that note, however, let me warn you console players up front: unlike its jaw-dropping-in-2007 predecessor (I’m not counting BioShock 2 here, as that wasn’t our first trip to Rapture), BioShock Infinite does not have the same technical wow-factor going for it. Yes, Columbia is stunning from a scale, scope, and art-direction perspective, but on a raw graphical level it is a bit underwhelming on the Xbox 360 version I’m starting with. Textures are muddy and low-resolution and the framerate takes regular slight-but-noticeable dips. It reminds me of the console version of Dishonored in that way"

All that says is that the graphics aren't as good on the 360, I don't see them saying anywhere that the graphics in the game are bad...
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)

User Info: L0rdCrump

L0rdCrump
4 years ago#9
It might get a 10/10. I saw the graphics on a PS3 youtube video before it was taken though. The graphics are horrific.
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

User Info: doraemonllh1989

doraemonllh1989
4 years ago#10
iceache posted...
It's wont even get a 9.

i dont see a problem here,a lot of games review are like this too especially for consoles
I like good games
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Bioshock Infinite IGN Review Going up at Midnight

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived