This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Assassin's Creed loved?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why is Assassin's Creed loved?

User Info: art_of_the_kill

art_of_the_kill
3 years ago#31
zyrax2301 posted...
I love Assassin's Creed, that game is sweet. Altair is the s*** man

As do I. It's one of my favorite games this gen. I love the sequels too, but it's really only AC1 that holds a special place in my heart.

My least favorite game in the series is Revelations by a mile.
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.

User Info: Zora_Prince

Zora_Prince
3 years ago#32
My memory of Tomb Raider is a bit fuzzy (only played small portions of the various PS1 games), but I very much enjoyed the more deliberate acrobatic commands and leaps the game required of you. I don't see any reason why those couldn't be preserved in new Tomb Raider games, but I haven't played the new one, so I can't comment on that as to why it's not.

What I miss from games that do most of the climbing for you, and what I'm told is absent in the new Tomb Raider, are moments like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kl42KcvdpcY#t=164s

I hate that they don't really require much other than pressing X to jump over something. The animations look better, but the gameplay becomes more shallow.
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
3 years ago#33
I love the series for its histocial backdrops. I somewhat understand why some people get tired of the series with all its games, but on the other hand i don't because they have a always have a unique historical settings, or beautifully created cities. Thats what i love, the gameplay may not change much but the setting is always changing. I mean we went from The Crusadest, to Renaissance Italy and Rome, to Constantinople, to the American Revolution and now the Golden Age of Piracy. I think thats a pretty diverse set of locations.

User Info: Bloodlines1191

Bloodlines1191
3 years ago#34
Because it's a good series. Fun to play.

Also, if you aren't gonna play AC1 and skip to 2, you'll find it hard to go back to AC1 so I hope you think about that decision.
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper

User Info: DotsAndLines

DotsAndLines
3 years ago#35
I love the historical setting. I can only dream of traveling to Italy so at least the game allowed me to do that virtually.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why is Assassin's Creed loved?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived