This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ok, now I need suggestions for Third-Person action/shooter types

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ok, now I need suggestions for Third-Person action/shooter types

User Info: DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09
3 years ago#1
Since single player is really the only point to these games, which ones have long playthroughs that will keep me entertained? I'm thinking about Just Cause 2 because of all the fun things you can do, it reminds me of Mercenaries. But will I beat the campaign quickly and not want to go back to the game? That's the most important question. I want GRAW: Future Soldier but it's probably really short right? So should I get GRAW 2? It's older but more fun right? What games are like this but will last awhile and keep me interested?
http://i.imgur.com/I696VYM.jpg
HaHaHaHa-- Wait, you're serious? Lemme laugh even harder. HAAAAA HA HA HA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA

User Info: jrr18

jrr18
3 years ago#2
Mass effect maybe it's an RPG but the combat is more or less a TPS.(more so with 2 and 3)
Victory over fans of all JRPGs through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101

DesertPenguin09
3 years ago#3
I tried Mass Effect, but didn't like it for that RPG heavy element. Maybe the ghost recon games are my best bet? just keep replaying them on harder difficulties?
HaHaHaHa-- Wait, you're serious? Lemme laugh even harder. HAAAAA HA HA HA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA

User Info: jrr18

jrr18
3 years ago#4
uncharted
Victory over fans of all JRPGs through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101

DesertPenguin09
3 years ago#5
1, 2, or 3?

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
3 years ago#6
DesertPenguin09 posted...
1, 2, or 3?

Play them in order.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

User Info: Vergil92

Vergil92
3 years ago#7
The Uncharted series.
Resident Evils 4,5 and 6.
The infamous series.

And although it's a bit short, I found Max Payne 3 to be a lot of fun.

I've also heard really good things about Spec Ops: The Line as well.

Also if you've only played the first Mass Effect, you might still like it's sequels. They toned down on the RPG elements a good amount in them, especially in ME3.
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy

DesertPenguin09
3 years ago#8
I know there are bad things in Resident Evil 4 and 5. Is 6 a complete package? I do love me some zombie killing.

I tried Infamous when PSN gave it away for free after the first hack. Just wasn't for me. Not the karma part of it, but the silly powers he had. I just couldn't get into it. I'll look at some Spec Ops: The Line gameplay videos. I like military based stuff too.

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
3 years ago#9
The gameplay of Spec Ops is really mediocre. Not bad, but nothing special. The reason it's so good is the story. If you don't want a good story, I would avoid it. If you do want one, it should be fairly high on your priority list.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

User Info: FiendingHard

FiendingHard
3 years ago#10
Dead Space 1 2 and 3.

Oh and arguably the best TPS ever, Vanquish.
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Metal Gear Rising, God of War: Ascension, Final Fantasy 9.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ok, now I need suggestions for Third-Person action/shooter types

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived