This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My new PS3 lost power today?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. My new PS3 lost power today?

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
4 years ago#1
While playing a game online today
my PS3 shut off by itself completely.
Not even the red stand by light was on, I had never seen this happen before... not even with my old phat PS3.

I press the power button even tho it had no night and it came back on,
should I be worried?

User Info: GamerRaf

GamerRaf
4 years ago#2
Sucks for you. You stated that it's new if you have the receipt then I would go return it.

User Info: GamerRaf

GamerRaf
4 years ago#3
Sucks for you. You stated that it's new but I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens more times.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
4 years ago#4
Monitor it, if it happens again - return it.

However, it could simply be a case of the power cable not being in correctly. It got moved and the power went off, but had enough of a connection to come back on. Take out the power cable, put it back in and make sure it's firm.
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#5
Take no chances. Take it back and take advantage of the its brand new state. Better be safe than sorry...

Wouldn't want this to be a real problem that only manifests itself AFTER the warranty expires.
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja

User Info: ElBorak77

ElBorak77
4 years ago#6
power cord might be bad, could have come out or your power might have gone on and off.
PSN El_Borak_77
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. My new PS3 lost power today?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived