This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come no one replays games anymore?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How come no one replays games anymore?

User Info: Ryphis_Demeanor

Ryphis_Demeanor
4 years ago#41
After years of growing up mostly poor and having only a few games to replay until a b-day or holiday came I relish every new game I can get my hands on and story I can playthrough. That said I have replayed more this gen than other except the 8Bit/16bit days. Demon's Souls I actually lost count of how many times I beat. Dark Souls I'm on the 6th playthrough and I have the PC version as well working on a first playthrough. MGS4 I beat over 11 times.

User Info: Asuir

Asuir
4 years ago#42
Master_Happosai posted...
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.
Ftw!

User Info: ace_spades111

ace_spades111
4 years ago#43
games are that are usually worth replaying are short but good quality. Like DMC3 and Bayonetta. I'll gladly give 10 hours into a replay, not that long.

Longer games like RPGs require 40 hours+, I rather play a new game with that time.I'll replay a a favorite RPG when I get a hankerin, God knows how many times chrono trigger, but that's like an annual thing minus some years where I don't...

User Info: Travarkas57

Travarkas57
4 years ago#44
archizzy posted...
I replay all my games multiple times before stowing them.

^ Pretty much this.
T r a v a r k a s 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!

User Info: LinkinLawg

LinkinLawg
4 years ago#45
Sometimes when I have a big backlog to get through, I want to finish my other games first. If a game interested me enough, I'll go back to it when I finish all the games in my backlog.
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it

User Info: idrc82

idrc82
4 years ago#46
Because a lot of games are like movies now. Yes there are plenty great movies but you dont rush to watch it again as soon as you finish it.
3ds fc: 0817-4077-5176
Psn/wii u id: xGambloRx

User Info: Sighto

Sighto
4 years ago#47
Master_Happosai posted...
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.

This. Many gamers on these forums are busy poorly role-playing adults.
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif

User Info: Darthvoorhees13

Darthvoorhees13
4 years ago#48
I've played through Metal Gear Solid 4 at least seven times. 5 before the trophy patch, and 2 times after, going on the third. It seems to be the ONLY modern game I've played so much.

I've also played Metal Gear Solid 3 many times, starting from the original (at least 3) to Subsistence (also 3), to the HD collection. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is also played a lot, not sure if it counts.

The only other game I have played as much is Half-Life and Half-Life 2. Not sure if they count because of replaying certain chapters. Although I have played from the beginning to end several times too.
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?"
- Dr. Gregory House (House, M.D)

User Info: indie_animator

indie_animator
4 years ago#49
My brother & I are replaying a lot of our PS3 games since the YLOD back around Christmas... :(

Castle Crashers is fun to replay a lot if you like to try unlocking & winning w/all the characters. We're down to the last two outside of Insane-unlocked ones. :)
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:4)

User Info: Captain_Sexy_T

Captain_Sexy_T
4 years ago#50
I replay games all the time. Too expensive to go out and buy a new one all the time, and I hate renting. Same thing goes for books, a lot of people read a book once and call it quits but I'll reread til the damn thing falls apart.
PSN: Rectal_Fungi --------- Origin: Cpt_Mustache
Youtube.com/AngryJT
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How come no one replays games anymore?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived