This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats with jrpgs and airships?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Whats with jrpgs and airships?

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
4 years ago#11
Lunar Whale went to the moon.
Enterprise was the one that got the Hook attachment to carry the Hovercraft.
Falcon was the one stolen from the Red Wings and had the drill attachment, as well as the upgrade to fly over magma in the Underworld.
Playing: Final Fantasy III UMD - Saronia Kingdom, Ni no Kuni - post-game
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.

User Info: wigsplasher

wigsplasher
4 years ago#12
theshoveller posted...
I have a better question:

Why do Final Fantasy games go with "airship" instead of the obviously superior vernacular choice of "heli-boat?" I mean, "airship" sounds kinda bland. "Heli-boat" sounds more accurate, since they take a boat and just strap a propeller to the mast. Plus, it makes me giggle like a little girl when I say it. "Heli-boat."

Final Fantasy 7? That was an airship. Final Fantasy 8? That.... that was a spaceship - no air there. Final Fantasy 10? I have no idea, airship may have been good there since I think it was hi-tech-ish or something.

You didn't play 9?
"You don't have a wife, that's a voice in your head." - mogar002

User Info: Battleship_Gray

Battleship_Gray
4 years ago#13
Pretty sure the TC has not, in fact, played "millions upon millions" of rpgs.
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
4 years ago#14
wigsplasher posted...
theshoveller posted...
I have a better question:

Why do Final Fantasy games go with "airship" instead of the obviously superior vernacular choice of "heli-boat?" I mean, "airship" sounds kinda bland. "Heli-boat" sounds more accurate, since they take a boat and just strap a propeller to the mast. Plus, it makes me giggle like a little girl when I say it. "Heli-boat."

Final Fantasy 7? That was an airship. Final Fantasy 8? That.... that was a spaceship - no air there. Final Fantasy 10? I have no idea, airship may have been good there since I think it was hi-tech-ish or something.

You didn't play 9?

Nah, I was getting more and more out of the whole "JRPG" thing by then. I tried 10, because it looked kinda sci-fi-ish, but dropped it shortly after the "big twist" with what the main character really was. I just said "Screw it, I'm not playing any more. Can't take it seriously."

I won't insult anyone who likes it or other games like it, but I will just say that it's not for me. I like my RPGs more like Phantasy Star 1-4 and Mass Effect and less like... well, basically Final Fantasy.
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"

User Info: PHEEliNUX

PHEEliNUX
4 years ago#15
I like The G-Castle fights in Mugen Souls
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"

User Info: 4sakuraHa0

4sakuraHa0
4 years ago#16
I prefer airship to instant teleportation.
Make you feels you're on a journey.
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.

User Info: Megathorn22

Megathorn22
4 years ago#17
I agree, TC. Seems over used. I think it's high time they think up new ways to air travel.

Cyborg Pterodactyls.

You saw it here first.

User Info: pokemon_45_79_1

pokemon_45_79_1
4 years ago#18
Leave airships alone they need to continue but give free moving airships not just choose a spot and you are there.
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.

User Info: Shineboxer

Shineboxer
4 years ago#19
"muh world map"

"muh npcs"

"muh townz"

"muh side quests"

"muh flying galleons"

^sounds, butthurt JRPG babies make.
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD

User Info: Mr_Hakubi

Mr_Hakubi
4 years ago#20
What's with games that don't have airships?
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy301/MrHakubi/Tenchi%20Muyo/1e16f739.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Whats with jrpgs and airships?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived