This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Plesant Surprise games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Plesant Surprise games

User Info: HolyMcmoly

HolyMcmoly
4 years ago#11
Halo 4. Thought it would be just another cup of cow milk, but to my surprise it became my favorite Halo. I know it's the PS3 board, but that was the most recent pleasant surprise for me. Seriously though, stop making Halo's.

User Info: jrr18

jrr18
4 years ago#12
HolyMcmoly posted...
Halo 4. Thought it would be just another cup of cow milk, but to my surprise it became my favorite Halo. I know it's the PS3 board, but that was the most recent pleasant surprise for me. Seriously though, stop making Halo's.

4 was the start of a new trilogy.
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101

User Info: SigmaHaciel

SigmaHaciel
4 years ago#13
Movie64 posted...
What games did you expect that you wouldn't like ,but end up liking.

Er, I think the First Sonic And All-Stars Racing game is one for me. Got it for a gift, didn't exactly think It would be good since most Mario Kart Clones are mediocre at best. Ended up loving it.

It isn't a Mario Kart clone.

It is more like the polished version of that Diddy Racing on the 64 with the giant purple magic hippo, etc.
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.

User Info: heartlesshero17

heartlesshero17
4 years ago#14
CaptainLuka posted...
As weird as this sounds, Nier.

It was a surprise for me since it passed completely under my radar until four days from release. I bought it on a whim since it looked interesting and the story just promptly blew my mind. Sleeper hit of the decade imo.

Going with this. I pretty much played it for kicks with hardly any knowledge on it. Didn't even take it serious at first. And then when I first got to the village and heard devola singing that song. Voice was beautiful and the fad in effect as I got closer was a nice touch. Was pretty impressed by that and started taking it more serious.

My favorite rpg this gen. Wasn't until later that I realized that it was connected to drakengard, which I also liked. Made it even better
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception

User Info: namethatno1uses

namethatno1uses
4 years ago#15
Nier

Expected a decent game. Got a superb one, one of my favorites of the entire generation.
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane

User Info: md22mdrx

md22mdrx
4 years ago#16
2 worlds 2 ... outside the awful final battle.

User Info: md22mdrx

md22mdrx
4 years ago#17
Almost forgot ....

Folklore

Very linear, but very fun. Amazing setting and environment.

User Info: digitalwill2000

digitalwill2000
4 years ago#18
Borderlands 2, I preordered it and got borderlands 1 free and I hated borderlands 1 when I played it. Borderlands 2 was great though.

Hitman Absolution
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...

User Info: velvet_hammer

velvet_hammer
4 years ago#19
Defiance came out of now where and its an awesome tps mmo
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII

User Info: Spurner

Spurner
4 years ago#20
The Walking Dead

I had nothing else to do the night the 3rd episode dropped, so I bought the season pass. I had not read up on the game, so I had no idea what I was in for.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Plesant Surprise games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived