This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioshock series

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Bioshock series

User Info: EmpireKing01

EmpireKing01
4 years ago#1
I want to play Infinite, but haven't played any of the others. Would that take away from the story/experience of Infinite somehow?
caps

User Info: kupo1705

kupo1705
4 years ago#2
You should play the first one before Infinite.
Bioshock 2 is irrelevant.

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
4 years ago#3
Yeah, Bioshock 1 definitely deserves a playthrough. You really don't need the second game. Though no, you won't be lost if you just go straight to Infinite. You'll just appreciate a couple of parts more if you played the first one.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

User Info: zooknut

zooknut
4 years ago#4
bioshock 1 and 2 is all about rapture and is me favorite one two punch of all time in gaming...infinite is an adjustment if u play 1 and 2 beforehand cuz its different gameplay and different place...if u haven't played any I would start from the beginning? bioshock 1 and 2 are cheap so would u kindly just concentrate on rapture for now...Columbia can wait...rapture is better anyway :)

User Info: daigre7

daigre7
4 years ago#5
Doesn't Infinite come with the original Bioshock? Just get Infinite, but start with the original.
PSN - Hand_Banana

zooknut
4 years ago#6
anonymous46773 posted...
Yeah, Bioshock 1 definitely deserves a playthrough. You really don't need the second game.

bioshock 2 was freaking awesome...even Levine himself said so and he wasn't involved in it...these guys probably hadn't even played it

User Info: _Shikoba_

_Shikoba_
4 years ago#7
If I'm not mistaken, BioShiock Infinite on PS3 comes with Bioshock (I have it on pc, can't be sure).

And you really don't need to play Bioshock before Infinite. I found Infinite better then previous BioShock games personally... but it's all opinion.
NNID: Shikoba
PSN: Bad_Brains

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
4 years ago#8
these guys probably hadn't even played it

Was bored out of my mind. I stopped at a place that was called something like Siren Alley. Mechanically, it was decent, but seeing Rapture a second time wasn't that amazing, and the story was really dull. And I didn't like playing as a Big Daddy. So yes. I have played it. I just didn't like it.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

zooknut
4 years ago#9
anonymous46773 posted...
these guys probably hadn't even played it

Was bored out of my mind. I stopped at a place that was called something like Siren Alley. Mechanically, it was decent, but seeing Rapture a second time wasn't that amazing, and the story was really dull. And I didn't like playing as a Big Daddy. So yes. I have played it. I just didn't like it.

personally I couldn't get enough of rapture and siren alley is where it started to get more exciting...playing as a big daddy was intriguing to me and didn't really care cuz I was back in rapture with the hacking turrets and collecting adam and little sisters,,,god to each there own...how could u not like that? I played thru bio 2 four times

User Info: danny_S_06

danny_S_06
4 years ago#10
The second game is great as well, don't get everyone's beef, you play as a Big Daddy, more plasmid variety, dual wield, what's not to like?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Bioshock series

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived