This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There should be actual exercise/weight loss games that WORK

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. There should be actual exercise/weight loss games that WORK

User Info: HaloODSTD

HaloODSTD
4 years ago#11
deprofundis442 posted...
Diet can't really come from a video game. Doing low impact exercises is great, which some games do perfectly fine, but weight loss is calories in vs calories out. Bottom line.

so just have an interactive portion about diet and have diet tips during loading screens! :D
GT: Jessica Jung xo PSN: Rutgers Student
Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz I 256MB I Intel(R) 82845G Graphic Video I 64 MB Memory

User Info: SigmaHaciel

SigmaHaciel
4 years ago#12
deprofundis442 posted...
Diet can't really come from a video game. Doing low impact exercises is great, which some games do perfectly fine, but weight loss is calories in vs calories out. Bottom line.

Yep.

Exercises only boost your own body's management of those calories. Having a higher volume of muscle will cost your body more in calories as long as your metabolism isn't 0.
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.

User Info: Godly_Goof

Godly_Goof
4 years ago#13
SigmaHaciel posted...
If a fatty needs a game about an exercise program to DO exercises in the first place, he's already doing it way wrong.

So much this haha.
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.

User Info: Shadowrider70

Shadowrider70
4 years ago#14
HaloODSTD posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...
And exactly what would you do as those two...? Just wondering, this sounds interesting.

Do something like the Insanity workout, but on the screen it shows those characters as you......?

I have no idea what this "Insantiy workout" is. Please explain... Thoroughly...
I'm a little quiet... Its nice...
*Insert Random Quote Here*

User Info: Shy420

Shy420
4 years ago#15
Workouts alone don't do much for weight loss you need to regulate your diet as well.

As for the intensity of "video game workouts" I don't think they are geared towards people that need a higher intensity workout. Those people already know how to exercise and likely have their own routines.

Then again it's hard to judge how intense a workout game is when you're just watching videos of them . Perhaps you can select the intensity.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.

User Info: HaloODSTD

HaloODSTD
4 years ago#16
Shadowrider70 posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...
And exactly what would you do as those two...? Just wondering, this sounds interesting.

Do something like the Insanity workout, but on the screen it shows those characters as you......?

it's a high intensity cardio workout that involves doing lots of variations of squats and jumps
GT: Jessica Jung xo PSN: Rutgers Student
Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz I 256MB I Intel(R) 82845G Graphic Video I 64 MB Memory

User Info: djruden

djruden
4 years ago#17
I play a game called 'go run a few miles'. Try to play it a few times a week. Playing that along with a decent diet has helped me stay fit and healthy.

If you play games like Dark Souls or Bioshock and still eat chips and candy then you aren't gonna lose any weight that way.

User Info: Shadowrider70

Shadowrider70
4 years ago#18
HaloODSTD posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...

it's a high intensity cardio workout that involves doing lots of variations of squats and jumps

Sounds fun...
I'm a little quiet... Its nice...
*Insert Random Quote Here*

User Info: Shineboxer

Shineboxer
4 years ago#19
lol no, just eat less, be less sedentary,

Thank god I never eat or even get hungry.

I don't run on impulse.
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD

User Info: PhaseSlaethe

PhaseSlaethe
4 years ago#20
Shineboxer posted...
lol no, just eat less, be less sedentary,

Thank god I never eat or even get hungry.

I don't run on impulse.

So instead of being healthy or even fat, you went the malnourished route.

Yay!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. There should be actual exercise/weight loss games that WORK

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived