This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I was told there might be a TV expert on this board I may need some help from.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I was told there might be a TV expert on this board I may need some help from.

User Info: Springer

Springer
4 years ago#1
There are two different 55" TVs for $700 that I am trying to decide what would be better for me. I know there are a lot of factors involved in determining picture quality, but I don't know all those factors and the weight or importance of each factor.

One TV has an 8ms response time and a 120hz refresh rate. The other TV has a 240hz refresh rate and a 12ms response time.

TV 1:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia%26%23153%3B+-+55%22+Class+-+LED+-+1080p+-+120Hz+-+HDTV/4792294.p?id=1218529599669&skuId=4792294&st=4676582%204792294&cp=1&lp=2#tab=overview

TV2:http://www.amazon.com/TCL-LE55FHDF3300ZTA-55-Inch-Limited-Warranty/dp/B007EM7NMA

Can anyone assess what factors are involved with choosing my set and the weight I can expect to place on each factor?

Price is probably my most important factor and that is why I found two TVs for $700
**** taco bell
**** Matt Kenseth

User Info: XSilverPhoenixX

XSilverPhoenixX
4 years ago#2
You are out of your mind. You want to spend $700 and these are the two models you chose?

NEVER BUY A TV BASED ON PRICE ALONE!

You really need to do your research and buy a plasma instead if you want quality for $700. You want as fast of a response time as possible, btw. Look for number of HDMI ports, A/V ports for composite or component cables, optical digital port, etc.

You want a rich color display with natural color and a vibrant spectrum, You want the speakers to be of good quality otherwise you need a sound bar or stereo receiver.

Neither of these TV's are what you want, and archizzy would agree. That is who you're thinking of.

User Info: HaxMega

HaxMega
4 years ago#3
Actually, the Insignia one isn't that bad, it's just a rebranded LG. I would stay away from the TLC brand though. Although, something to note about both brands is that they will not play anything that displays a lower resolution then 480p. (Could be a problem if you like to play retro games on their original consoles.)
Gamer Tag: Hax Mega //// PSN: Haxmega //// Proud Pswii60 & PSVita/3DS owner
i5-2500k OC 4.6Ghz/// Asus DCU II GTX 670 ///8GB ram/// CM Haf X

User Info: roos1046 Reborn

roos1046 Reborn
4 years ago#4
make sure you buy Monster HDMI cables to get the best picture possible
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.

User Info: dmcd93

dmcd93
4 years ago#5
roos1046 Reborn posted...

I lol'd.
Garrus is the Greatest bro in gaming.
Devil May Cry 2 is the best 3rd person shooter ever made.

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
4 years ago#6
dmcd93 posted...
roos1046 Reborn posted...

I lol'd.

me too.Those overpriced cables are for suckers.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.

User Info: muggy

muggy
4 years ago#7
If its possible go to a best buy and see if you can compare them or similar ones. I narrowed down two that I wanted and when I saw them side by side, I realized that the online arguments over specs are fairly stupid.

User Info: Springer

Springer
4 years ago#8
Why should I stay away from the TCL brand? And I can't seem to track down a 55" plasma for around $700
**** taco bell
**** Matt Kenseth

User Info: somebody336

somebody336
4 years ago#9
The PC board is a better place to ask for this kind of stuff....
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
Fc: 0490-5171-0607

User Info: HaxMega

HaxMega
4 years ago#10
I had tried a TCL because a smaller version of it was on sale a couple Black Friday's ago. I had gotten 2 replacements on it due to hardware issues. The first TV refused to turn on after an hour. The replacement was DOA. The 3rd had a giant splotch of dead pixels in the center right of the screen when it arrived. Never again with that brand. I replaced it with a Vizo, and haven't looked back.
Gamer Tag: Hax Mega //// PSN: Haxmega //// Proud Pswii60 & PSVita/3DS owner
i5-2500k OC 4.6Ghz/// Asus DCU II GTX 670 ///8GB ram/// CM Haf X
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I was told there might be a TV expert on this board I may need some help from.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived