This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

80 gb PS3 Storage space used up

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. 80 gb PS3 Storage space used up

User Info: WiiBrawler

WiiBrawler
4 years ago#1
I can't seem to find why my space is used up other than a 20gb of downloaded games. The save files all seem to be like 10-15 gb total and it is annoying because I don't want to have to delete my games to download ones I bought any help would be appreciated
I heard Jesus was good at hide and seek remember that one time they couldn't find him for three days

User Info: SigmaHaciel

SigmaHaciel
4 years ago#2
80GB total space on the HDD?

That means roughly 60 for actual consumer use.

Game data alone (Read - NOT save data) can eat that up in moments. Let alone downloaded games.
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.

WiiBrawler
4 years ago#3
Is there a way to get more? I just wanted to get a couple ps2 classics games?
I heard Jesus was good at hide and seek remember that one time they couldn't find him for three days

User Info: THE_PS1_PATRIOT

THE_PS1_PATRIOT
4 years ago#4
Time to upgrade that HDD!!! Go 500gb or 1tb.
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT

User Info: SigmaHaciel

SigmaHaciel
4 years ago#5
WiiBrawler posted...
Is there a way to get more? I just wanted to get a couple ps2 classics games?

Delete game data you don't want. Backup and delete saves you don't need.

Get a bigger HDD, because nobody is dumb enough to leave the standard HDDs in their PS3s.
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.

WiiBrawler
4 years ago#6
Ok I have deleted all my old saves and only have saves of games I currently own and I really don't want to spend so much on a new HDD when I am probably going to buy a PS4 at launch but is there a way I could like copy my games to a flashdrive or pc or like burn them to DVD's so I only use their storage when I want to play them?

User Info: Iceberg73e

Iceberg73e
4 years ago#7
Unless you have an external hard drive to create a full system back up, then no. You can't copy game data by any means other than that.
Ill lick all fanboys ass! - arsios

WiiBrawler
4 years ago#8
So I added up all my saves/gamedata/games and got 44.541 GB also which makes me wonder why I need room my system says I have 3000mb available of 74 gb.

WiiBrawler
4 years ago#9
sorry it was 57.2 gb and I know the other 20 gb is system stuff but is there a way to like download stuff straight to a USB or Hardrive then just plug that in when I want to use the data or play the game?

WiiBrawler
4 years ago#10
Iceberg73e posted...
Unless you have an external hard drive to create a full system back up, then no. You can't copy game data by any means other than that.

Could I do this with my Laptop then copy it to a USB then plug that in when I play the game that requires the specific game data?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. 80 gb PS3 Storage space used up

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived